Should I be changing gears?

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Geo

Should I be changing gears?

Postby Geo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:39 am

HI

When doing a zwift workout (i.e. 4 week FTP builder) it seems that I have to change gears to get the power and the cadence to match. Should I be changing gears or is my Directo supposed to be changing resistance? The power and the cadence displayed seem to swing erratically, so I'm just trying to keep things steady. If I am not supposed to change gears, is there a gear ratio that I should be on (when I use my 52 at the front, the stability of the figures goes out the window (of my basement pain cave).

Also, it is bewildering to me that the directo can calculate all this (cadence, speed and power) without knowing my gear ratios - love to have that explained to me....

Thanks,
Geoffrey

ivan.salalon

Re: Should I be changing gears?

Postby ivan.salalon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 am

Consejo, cuanto más uses el plato pequeño mejor. Con marchas duras los valores suelen ser peores.

El rodillo debería de colocar tu potencia segun tu entreno con ERG de manera fiable.

Un saludo

baby.bass

Postby baby.bass » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am

It depends if you're in erg mode or not. In her zwift companion app, this is a button that looks like >|
With erg mode on it'll adjust resistance for you in attempt to keep the power at the required level. Be aware that if you start to slow your cadence, the resistance will increase to the point it may become impossible to pedal. If this starts to happen, increase your cadence and drop a gear immediately.

teamzippy

Postby teamzippy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Same here, I am in ERG mode, but having a hell of a time keeping to the targets I'm supposed to be hitting.
I'm using the sufferfest app, and doing ok, but I've mostly given up on getting all three targets in range (hr, power, cadence). I can usually get close in two out of the three, but then the third is way off.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”