Device Selection

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

philchef34

Device Selection

Postby philchef34 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi All

I have just this minute brought a Novo Smart, set it up and bike connected to NOVO smart

So i have registered and started the process of getting started on the software side,

This is where the issue begins

I have selected the Novo on Bluetooth, on my laptop, we are connected, so i choose the hardware but when i go to device selection

i have Ant+ with a ""!"" in a circle, and bluetooth coming soon, i can not go any further, niether of them allowing me to highlight them to move forward

What do i do now?????

Phil

Elite Admin S

Re: Device Selection

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 am

To connect to the trainer via ant+, you need a usb ant+ dongle.
Do you have one?

Regards

philchef34

Postby philchef34 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Sorry for the long delay in my reply

I do have a Ant+ Dongle and the app finds it, so when i get to the page where it asks for your type of trainer, i put what i have( Elite Smart), it then asks for me to proceed to the second page of set up and has 2 boxes, Ant+ or Bluetooth

The Bluetooth has "coming soon" over it and the Ant+ has a green box around it..

I press the Green Box, and the button to proceed

Then i can not move any further along as the process stops and thats all i can do...

i have attempted everything but nothing is working, i can return backwards but not move forwards

Regards

johncobb

Postby johncobb » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm

i am having the exact same problem been trying to get connected for weeks now i have a Rampa is it me or something else

davidc.architect

Postby davidc.architect » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I have exactly the same problem as philchef34 above and have spent hours looking for a solution. I have an Ant+ Dongle plugged into my PC. I know this works as I use it with other devices. I have tried stopping other software which uses the dongle but still cannot get past the Ant+ box in the software which has an exclamation mark in it.

I bought the Novo Smart from Halfords to use with PC and will need to return it if I can't get a solution.

Phil - have you made any progress with this?

Elite - are you there?

Regards

David

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:55 am

Guys,

the ant dongle may be occupied by other softwares that can use it (for example, Garmin Express, Ant Agent...).
Check in this applications options if they automatically start at pc startup.
Otherwise, check in task manager if their processes are active and in case kill them before running my e-training.
This usually solve the problem

philchef34

Postby philchef34 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Sorry davidc.architect for the long delay, i wasn't notified that i had any replies to this thread, even when i looked at the main signed in notification bar.. it said i didn't have any new messages on the thread, i only came on the thread to ask if the Elite Admin was ignoring me and why!!!

Anyway, i did attempt to try again and it ended up not showing the green box this time around the Ant+ box,... so it seems to have gone backwards for me

Ill admit to you davidc.architect, this has got me a tad annoyed and feel that i have a years subscription but can not use it even though i have NOTHING turned on.. so it is just my Turbo trainer and Ant+, i went and brought myself a dongle extension lead as well so the Ant+ dongle was under the Turbo trainer itself. still nothing

I have been on the Zwift App and Ant+ is working perfectly for that.. i get to see everything.. some have to be Ant+and some Bluetooth, so it is defiantly Elite "my training" app that is the problem for myself

Hope you get your answer, i know that it is very frustrating and due to this i feel the product is good enough but the App is rubbish.. and i am quite sure that i will not receive any reimbursement for my loss to a years Subscription of which would have been hidden in the cost of the product cost,

but what can i say.............. :x :x :x :cry:

Have you gained any joy since the Elite Admin S posted..?????

philchef34

Postby philchef34 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi johncobb, hope you have found a solution??

Return to “My e-training”