descent unusual speed (too slow

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

GregD1978@gmail.com

descent unusual speed (too slow

Postby GregD1978@gmail.com » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:05 am

Hi everyone,

I've done some rides with the MyEtrainer app, but I'm a bit frustrated about the speed I'm getting in descents.
It's too slow (for example: descents of around 6% - I'm getting max speed of around 40km/h - while in Zwift I'm getting speeds up to 70km/h or even more)

Has anyone came across the same issue?

Elite Admin S

Re: descent unusual speed (too slow

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:21 am

Hi

Our software always show your real speed. It's a choice we did, it's not an issue.
As the trainer doesn't simulate negative slopes, you won't have a speed increase during descents.

Zwift works in a different way and calculate speed from power, so it can do it. But remember that it is a virtual speed, not your real speed.

Regards

GregD1978@gmail.com

Postby GregD1978@gmail.com » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:29 am

thanks for the reply..

william.davey8

Postby william.davey8 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:46 pm

With reference to this topic, I had also noticed that the downhill speeds did not accord with what can achieve outside. However I have also found when working with Kinomap, that if one applies a correction for gravity (essentially calculate speed from the power signal), then one certainly can achieve high speeds on downhills, however the converse also applies - on uphills one becomes slower than one would like, so there has to be a compromise.

For me personally its a decision as to whether one wants to improve one's performance or go for a social joy ride. I see having to power downhill according to Elite's method, beneficial for performance improvement. So I am happy with Elite's approach.

Regards,

Return to “My e-training”