Update for MyEtraining

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Elite Admin S

Re: Update for MyEtraining

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:44 am

Thank you a lot, I'll forward the info to the programmers so they can fix it :geek:

william.davey8

Postby william.davey8 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:30 pm

OK, so I am genuinely surprised, and my enthusiasm to try out the updated software has been re-kindled.

Thanks to the Elite team for working to get their software back on track ahead of schedule. If it works as well as I would hope, (and my expectations are not complicated) then it will be worth continuing to support Elite's software over other more expensive options.

csdolby

Postby csdolby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi there,

This is great news - I have a Mac, one of the newer ones. Will this version of the app be set up to work natively with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc)?

Every little bit of performance helps. :)

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:39 am

Hi csdolby

This is great news - I have a Mac, one of the newer ones. Will this version of the app be set up to work natively with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc)?

At the moment the application runs on Rosetta with excellent performance, but I confirm you that we're working to make the software native

Regards

william.davey8

Postby william.davey8 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:26 pm

After riding numerous sportives around Germany I have had a chance to evaluate the long awaited updated MyEtraining software.

My first impression of the blue tooth connectivity is that it now seems to work seamlessly. It connects to the trainer (TUO) without any trouble, and I have had no more issues with the control function failing when pausing and resuming a training session. I did not try Ant+ as there now seems little reason to go back to this protocol.

I briefly tried out a training session and it seems to work as expected. Changing the mode from one type of training to another did not cause the software to lose the history, so that's OK as well.

I tried out one of my maps with a long hill and the slopes were implemented accurately. When resuming, following a pause, the trainer started off at low power making it much easier to get going again. This is excellent.

I am left with two issues, neither of which are detrimental to a training session:

1. When exporting a map training session to Strava, it would be nice if the map was exported as well. For workouts, the graph of the workout could be exported. I would also suggest that the title of the map or training session, as it is in MyEtraining, could also be exported to Strava. You could also put "MyEtraining" into the title. So the title in Strava might look like this: "MyEtraining - Amashova Race Pietermaritzburg to Durban", or similar.

2. There seems to be a problem with the calculation of calories burnt. It looks to me as if Elite have simply taken the power measured by the trainer and applied an efficiency of about 24% to get to calories burnt. The trouble is that this simply does not match with the calculations and research published in the literature. Generally if I calculate the calories burnt using the recommended methods, the calories come to practically double Elite's value. The methods I have used are a) a heart rate based method published by Tim Noakes et al, and b) the METS method by Ainsworth et al.

In conclusion this update has, in my view, turned MyEtraining into a much more professional application that can be used easily by users unskilled in software development. I now feel I will continue to support this app after my introductory subscription runs out.

william.davey8

Postby william.davey8 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Any response from an Administrator to this last post?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:32 am

Hi William

Sorry for the delay, but Elite was closed for summer holidays in these weeks.

First of all, thank you for your detailed report.
About the two issues you've pointed out:

1. When exporting a map training session to Strava, it would be nice if the map was exported as well. For workouts, the graph of the workout could be exported. I would also suggest that the title of the map or training session, as it is in MyEtraining, could also be exported to Strava. You could also put "MyEtraining" into the title. So the title in Strava might look like this: "MyEtraining - Amashova Race Pietermaritzburg to Durban", or similar.

I'll forward your suggestions to the development team, so they can evaluate if adding this in future updates

2. There seems to be a problem with the calculation of calories burnt. It looks to me as if Elite have simply taken the power measured by the trainer and applied an efficiency of about 24% to get to calories burnt. The trouble is that this simply does not match with the calculations and research published in the literature. Generally if I calculate the calories burnt using the recommended methods, the calories come to practically double Elite's value. The methods I have used are a) a heart rate based method published by Tim Noakes et al, and b) the METS method by Ainsworth et al.

About calories calculation, I need to investigate further. I'll check the algorithm and I'll also check the two methods you proposed.
I'll talk about this with the programmers.

Thank you a lot for your suggestions
Regards

manuelp.ale

Postby manuelp.ale » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:29 am

Luego de la ultima actualizacion tube problerma para la conexion la unica forma de conectarlo con el telefono fue desintarlarlo y tomar la opcion del modelo del entrenador , ya que por Señal de Bluetooth ni ant fue posible tampoco escneando el codigo qr , una vez que se conecto note que los valores de potencia son incorrecto me puede indicar que debo hacer para que se corrigan los valores , en mi reloj wahoo si marca bien en la aplicacion myetrainig no marca bien

After the last update I had a problem with the connection, the only way to connect it with the phone was to uninstall it and take the option of the trainer model, since by Bluetooth signal it was not even possible before by scanning the qr code, once it was connected note that the power values ​​are incorrect can you tell me what I should do to correct the values, on my wahoo watch if it marks well in the myetrainig application it does not mark well

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:08 pm

It may be a configuration problem.
Which trainer model do you have exactly?

mickellison63

Postby mickellison63 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:23 pm

I noticed that on this new update the ride history now shows elevation gain/loss. The numbers though aren’t correct as the KML track I used started just above sea level and finished 1,000ft above (according to map data) but history data shows 7,000ft at the start! Hopefully the sea levels haven’t fallen that much! :)
Has there been any progression in allowing the KML/GPX ride elevation and route data being exported to the online platforms, Strava/Garmin etc?

Return to “My e-training”