The purpose of the training test

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

novomescan

The purpose of the training test

Postby novomescan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:29 am

Hello.

I took the training test for the first time yesterday.

1. As the title of the topic already mentions, what is the purpose of the training test?
2. Does the app (My e-training) provide the ability to train by program? Do we have to define the training program ourselves (workout example: power / distance, power / time, ...)? I would expect to be able to choose a program to raise the level of FTP. Is there such a thing?

Elite Admin S

Re: The purpose of the training test

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:13 am

Hi

Basically, the Training Test evaluates the cycling capabilities and generates a month of races for training purposes.

The program is capable of evaluating the athletic capacity of the cyclist by using an incremental test, during which the computer calculates several fundamental parameters of the exertions of the cyclist. Thanks to these parameters it is able to calculate a series of referential values visualized at the end of the test.

With the knowledge of these values, the Training Test program develops a series of training sessions according to the type of training the cyclist prefers to follow. In fact, it is possible to improve one’s ability in climbs or on the plains or to have a more general type of training. Once that the preferred type of training has been chosen, the Training Test develops a series of training circuits for four weeks of daily training and it saves them in the list of courses

About the training programs, I confirm you that we have inserted some of them in the power/time section just as example.
You have to create your own personalized programs.

Regards

novomescan

Postby novomescan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:42 am

Thanks for the reply.

The instructions mention a 4-week program tailored to the needs of the cyclist, I quote:'' In order for the software to properly assess a rider’s abilities, it performs a step-by-step test and creates a 4-week training program tailored to the rider’s needs.''

I'm sorry, I don't understand best. So is there a 4 week program available or not?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:53 am

Hi

The 4 weeks program you mention is the one that you can generate at the end of the training test.

Three types of training sessions are available for generating: Flat terrain, Uphill or Fitness.
You'll then be asked to insert a prefix on names of training programs you're creating.
Once you confirm the operation, training programs will be created based on test results and the app will confirm they've been created.
The training programs list will also display the courses that have just been created - their name will have the prefix you previously entered - along with day / week instructions on when to conduct the test.

For instance: If the prefix entered when creating courses is "1nov2006_" the courses will then be listed as follows:
1nov2006_1W1D Course to race on the first day of the first week.
1nov2006_1W2D Course to race on the second day of the first week.
1nov2006_2W1D Course to race on the first day of the second week.
1nov2006_3W5D Course to race on the fifth day of the third week.
W = Week D = Day

Return to “My e-training”