No User Manual or Guidance

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dnjvan

No User Manual or Guidance

Postby dnjvan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:10 am

I just picked up a Tuo trainer and it came with the My e-Training software subscription. First, there is no manual, user guide, or any other information to help one figure out how this software works. I guess we're just all supposed to understand what they had in mind? Second, so far I can't find any way to get anything even remotely resembling realistic resistance. I can barely turn the pedals. Can't imagine what it's like on a hill, right? Anybody know if there's any info on how to use this thing? Thanks.

dnjvan

Re: No User Manual or Guidance

Postby dnjvan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Don't suppose anybody is very interested in this topic, so I'll just add a bit more. Tried to build a course using the Google maps feature. Again, no meaningful guidance on how to set it up. It decides your starting point for you, and it seems somewhat randomly. Can't find any way to set your starting point. Might be in New York, Colorado, but never gives you the opportunity to set it yourself. Then can't get it to let you identify turn points -- only a start and finish point. Again, it sets the finish point and you have to keep moving it (sometimes thousands of miles) to get it where you want it. So far, this software is worth exactly what I paid for it: nothing.

hernandez_christ

Postby hernandez_christ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi

I don't know the desktop version but the mobile is rather intuitive, knowing there are not many functionalities.
I haven't tried to create a course so I can't help. But I imported a route from my bike computer and it worked, however the slope weren't exactly as in reality due to smoothing.

dnjvan

Postby dnjvan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 am

Would agree that it appears reasonably "intuitive," but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do what it appears to say it will do. Have a couple other questions perhaps somebody can answer.

When I look at the "my real videos" it shows data on the climb gradient, and typically in numbers like "0.03%" or "0.01%" for example. Now, gradients when expressed in percent show the rise-over-run value, such as 1 foot of climb for 100 feet forward motion would be 1%; 10 feet of rise for 100 feet would be 10% (a pretty steep climb). But "0.01%" would be 0.01 feet per 100 feet of forward travel, which is only 1 foot of climb for 10,000' forward, or about 1 foot per mile. Pretty flat even for a billiard table. So, would I be correct that the climb gradient values are just completely wrong in this thing? :?:

Second question has to do with the rides you construct yourself (using I guess Google maps). Friends who use other systems are able to do this as well, and theirs will produce an "over the handlebars" view of the world. When I do this using the Elite system, all I get is just a dot moving along a red line on a map. Is that all it does??

Thanks.

hernandez_christ

Postby hernandez_christ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:48 pm

I can comment on the first question. Yes the slope given is very often wrong. Sometimes it says 7% for instance but often 0.03% as you pointed out. Just look at the route "profile" and see how it looks.

I'm very interested in any answer to your second question.

I agree with one of your comments, the app as it is today is good enough for a free app, not for a paid app from the manufacturer.

Return to “My e-training”