MyEtraining on windows

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

GurdyHurdy

Re: MyEtraining on windows

Postby GurdyHurdy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 am

sebrios wrote:Just thinking about this situation...

isnt it cheaper for elite to just merge MyRealSoftware and MyEtraining and support just 1 platform, besides making all customers happy?

Keeping updated 2 softwares makes no sense! its twice the work!

just thinking out loud...

One would think so but it seems that whomever makes the commercial decisions at elite doesn't think that way.

I guess there is some hope that we cough up the money for the new app, whilst the exact opposite is happening and folks unhappily turn away from the platform completely. They can't have sold that high volume of drivo/kuro that providing lifetime access to the existing user base would damage the bottom line, whilst providing a massive boost to the reputation and inspire client loyalty.

Rudi

Postby Rudi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:26 pm

For me is it impossible to understand why my etraining will be difficult at IOS/Android and Windows.
On the Elite Site will also not difficult and the Software proberty as One.
See here:
http://www.elite-it.com/en/products/glo ... e-training

gregghinkle

Postby gregghinkle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 pm

GurdyHurdy wrote:
gregghinkle wrote:I have a Bontrager Duotrap combination speed/cadence sensor which I use to record my cadence. The windows MyEtraining application does not recognize this sensor so I have no cadence information which in my case renders this app useless since I use cadence information as a vital training aid. The software does recognize my heart rate monitor and trainer (Direto). When I use other training software such as the Trainerroad windows desktop application, it recognizes my sensor perfectly and I get cadence information. Also if I use the MyEtraining android app, it also recognizes my cadence sensor and shows cadence information. ... Does anyone know what this type of sensor will finally be supported? It is preventing me from using this software.

Thanks - that explains, in the same boat. I also tried to get the separate external cadence sensor to record but no success there either. Did you get that one to work ?

Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I still check almost every day to see if a new version of Windows my e-Training software is available, and when it is, I try to pair my ANT+ cadence/speed sensor with it. No luck so far. I see that Elite does sell a cadence sensor that plugs directly into the Direto https://www.shopelite-it.com/en/spare-p ... it/4027544 however it is not available in the US and the shipping cost from Italy to the US is ridiculous. So I guess that I will continue to use Trainerroad and Zwift since those training applications work just fine with my cadence/speed sensor.
Last edited by gregghinkle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gregghinkle

Postby gregghinkle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi guys

Sorry for the delay on the answer.
I'll try to answer to all of you.

I'm sorry for your disappointment. I'll try to clarify the situation of the lifetime coupon first.
Lifetime coupons are promotional coupons that we've inserted in our Kura and Drivo trainers last year.
This subscriptions allow a lifetime use of the app my e-training (my e-training Desktop software wasn't released yet, it didnt exist at that time).
Then, we have released the my e-training Desktop software, which is a different item. So, it is not included in your lifetime subscription.
Drivo users also have received the Real software for pc, which is for free for Drivo users. And we still update it quite regularely (now it has been released the 8.0.0.44 version).

About usb ant+ dongle, it doesn't have to be the one we sell in our website. Any brand is ok if it respects the standard.
If you have any problem with the dongle:
- check that the operative system has recognized the dongle properly
- check if you have other programs that "occupy" the dongle at computer startup (Garmin Express, Ant Agent...)

About the map to select the courses... good idea! I'll forward your request to the development team

I think it's all!

Any news of when combination ANT+ cadence/speed sensors will be supported by the Windows version of my eTraining software?

GJS

Postby GJS » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi If you can put your contact details here i am from the Uk and can send you a sensor by post

let me Know GJ

jao.43066

Postby jao.43066 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Something similar to me...I was able to set up the iPhone, but unfortunately when trying to set up the PC, my Fluid Trainer with Smart B+ does not appear, meaning the application for Window PC is outdated? Need some help here...

marlieked

Postby marlieked » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi ELITE,

I bought the Drivo, which I am really happy with. It came with a lifetime subscription to my e-training, but, unfortunately, the software doesn't work!! I installed the MAC version of my E-training on my laptop, but the program crashes anytime I click on one of the options.... in short, impossible to use. Is there a known problem? Are you going to update the software? Should I just use the app? Or just go to Zwift?!

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:25 am

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay, in winter season we are really busy....

We will add the smart trainers (Fluid, Turno, speed&cadence....) at the beginning of 2018.
I'm sorry, we don't have a date yet, but it is close...

@marlieked,
please check if your operative system is compatible (must be equal or higher than 10.12.0).
If this is not the cause of the issue, write to our customer care at real@elite-it.com adding the characteristics of your Mac (mac model, OS version...)

Vule

Postby Vule » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Aleno Smart trainer (not listed on any product list of Elite and sold exclusevly in Dechatlon) equipped with Force B+ Smart unit is not supported by My E-training desktop application. Is there any chance to connect this trainer to desktop application, or when we can expect upgrade of app to support it.

Trainer is fully supported by Zwift, I do not understand idea of giving so much open space to competition.

BR

nickfielibert

Postby nickfielibert » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

I think I’ve discovered a bug in the MyEtraining for Windows10. In the slope/distance training, I can increase the slope, but when I try to decrease the slope the resistance remains fixed on the highest level. I also cannot hear the stepping motor hum that is very audible when the resistance changes. Clearly something is not right. My trainer is a new Direto purchased in December

Return to “My e-training”