Anyone using a Elite Direto and have figured out a solution to the latency in ERG?

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Siddharthpatil

Anyone using a Elite Direto and have figured out a solution to the latency in ERG?

Postby Siddharthpatil » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 am

I just recently got a Elite Direto (2 weeks old) and I am a very, very low beginner. Doing the FTP builder workouts I am encountering some workouts that have 10s sprints. For example, going from 70W to 195W for 10 seconds. 2 bhk in lower parel

During these sprints while I attempt to maintain a constant cadence of around 75 RPM the "ramp up" from 70W to 195W takes 7-8 seconds to actually get to 195W before the sprint ends so I really only sprint for around 20% of those sprints. I would prefer if possible to have at least 80% of these sprints at the target (195W). senior citizen homes

Is this a common issue and would anyone happen to know of a solution to improving the Direto's response? My setup is:

Verified the calibration is within +/-1 of the sticker value

Using ANT+

Using FEC profile (there's an Elite Trainer one too on ANT+ I haven't used yet)

I set the power smoothing to 10 (I am assuming this means a 10 sec moving average window?)

maciej

Re: Anyone using a Elite Direto and have figured out a solution to the latency in ERG?

Postby maciej » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:47 am

Not 10s delay but approx 4 - this is what i notice. No matter what head unit i use - tries myEtraining, Rouvy, Zfift and recently mostly Wahoo Element Bolt (due to easy workout import from trainingpeaks) and the "lag" is on all of these. It's getting worse when i am doing sprints. None of the mentioned apps but Zfift support the mix of ERG mode and free training mode in one workout. This way i have to create a bit wired program where i have X minutes of XXXw and 10-15sek of 5 times more watts. when i am enterning the sprint and increasing the cadence (as i would do on the road) it gives the effect you've mentioned - goo 10 sec of lag. It shall be solved by adding an option to choose ERG mode for steady output phases and Level mode for sprints or other short intervals where you have to generate maximum power in given time (e.g full out).

BTW - FTP test shall also be done with level mode adjustment - i can't make it on my bikes since my "hardest" gear is 39x11 which is hardly giving over 200w with 90rpm CAD.

BR,
MCC

Return to “My e-training”