Direto grawling/grinding noise

Questions on how to use this forum

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Rodesc1@gmail.com

Direto grawling/grinding noise

Postby Rodesc1@gmail.com » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:12 am

Has anybody experienced an extremely loud grawling/grinding noise with the Direto? It started in the middle of a session and it doesn't appear to be bearings or the big wheel. It appears to come from around the freewheel. After performing the repair Elite support recommended which apparently they recommend for all noises without analyzing the videos and descriptions I provided and wasting a lot of time and money the noise still there and is unusable. I bought this 3 years ago but in reality only used it for about 12 months during the winter so you can imagine it was a very expensive investment for the usable time it lasted... This forum didn't allow me to upload the video with *noise* but if you are curious please let me know and I can share it

pnwheeler

Re: Direto grawling/grinding noise

Postby pnwheeler » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:37 am

I have a new Direto XR which also has a strange grinding noise. Elite support say it's normal but I really don't think it can be. Or, if it is normal, it's a design flaw.
I'll email you separately so you can send me your video, I'd be interested to hear it.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi guys

As I wrote in other similar posts, noise issues must be analyzed individually.
Please contact our customer care adding a video in which is possible to hear the noise
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

wojwoj56

Postby wojwoj56 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:47 pm

Hi
Mine has developed a similar new noise - a bad sounding grind that is worrying and NOT normal.
Have you had yours issues resolved - I am contacting Elite with my sound recording

Return to “Forum questions”