Strava elevation/gps export

Our old Real software, now dismissed

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

marcin

Strava elevation/gps export

Postby marcin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Dear Team Elite,

any news on a very long awaited improvements to the export feature? The old forum has posts asking for this feature to be improved back in 2014 and your statement that the improvements are coming in the next months. Can we know how many months more?

Thanks, Marcin

Elite Admin S

Re: Strava elevation/gps export

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Marcin

Actually this option is not available in our actual Real software.
But we're working on a new software, that will be available next fall season, and we're thinking to add also this option on it (maybe not in the first release, but it is in our plans).

Regards

petercove

Postby petercove » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:38 am

Does this mean that it is currently not possible to extract a .tcx file forum a Geo located ride from Elite and manually upload to Strava?

Also I enjoy the Geo located feature but it does have some areas for improvement. It would be great if the bicycle symbol stayed in the centre of the map whilst riding. Also if the map could automatically turn to keep the direction of riding at the top of the page that would add to the enjoyment. Perhaps these could be considerations for upgrading the product software.

I mentioned recently the difficulty in setting a circular course. This could be fixed by allowing compulsory waypoints to be inserted into the course.

HurdyGurdy

Postby HurdyGurdy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Correct - i just extracted tcx file and there is no geo data tags present. I guess you could try to manipulate manually.

Bit annoying really this is still not fixed 3 full years after the first request for this came out. Even Zwift can create virtual geo tagged workouts, i just don't see what the challenge is for elite.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 am

Hi guys

By now, the export feature only export the data of your performance (speed, power, cadence, hr...). It's a developers decision and not a bug.

Soon we will release the new software (at the beginning of fall season) and I can confirm that the geo-located courses have been improved, but the export works almost in the same way.

Anyway, I'll forward your complaint to the development team, things can always be improved ;)

petercove

Postby petercove » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Hopefully the development guys (and girls?) can see that social media apps like Strava are an important factor in our training sessions. We are generally competitive and love to show off our performances and toys. When I do a Geo Located ride or spend two and half hours climbing Mont Ventoux via the Elite Real DVD course its great to be able to show off the ride and as a side benefit to Elite more people get exposed to your product and some features that other trainers don't have or do well.
At present I load the basic details manually into Strava and post a few shots I take with my phone to illustrate the ride.
My first trainer bought in 2010 was an Elite (similar to the Rampa) and I just moved from the Wahoo Kickr to the Drivo. I think the Drivo is a big improvement. In fact my wife has her own Drivo. Its good to be back on an Elite. Just need that software to catch up :-)

PierreJ

Postby PierreJ » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:27 pm

I agree totally, elevation and gps export are very needed.

Return to “Real Software”