Legacy Turbo Trainer

Our old Real software, now dismissed

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

john120165

Legacy Turbo Trainer

Postby john120165 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Bought a legacy Elite Realtour turbo trainer a few years ago and hadn't used it much as the wife threw out the quick release. However I bought a new one but can't seem to find any reference on the products page for older model trainers. I just wondered if older products were supported and if anyone could link me to that model.
Also did Elite ever get around to supporting software for Apples Macs?

paulstuartburton

Re: Legacy Turbo Trainer

Postby paulstuartburton » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi John, I have a RealTour. I think there are at least four versions 1. Wired, 2. Non upgradeable ANT, 3. Upgradeable ANT, 4. Bluetooth. I have type 2.

Zwift works with 3 and 4. Not sure about 1. but it no longer works with 2. I have asked Elite to contact Zwift about this as it would be an easy fix.

MyETraining for Android should work with 2, 3 and 4. Not sure about 1.

MyETraining for IOS only works properly with 4 as Apple made the ANT dongle an unsupported accessory in an IOS update about 2 years ago and Elite haven’t managed to get them to allow the ANT dongle to work again. Again a simple fix!

MyETraining for Windows has just been updated and should work with 1, 2, 3 and 4. Unfortunately, the program is crashing for lots of users at the moment, so I haven’t been able to confirm it works. I’ve raised a support request with Elite.

Real Software for Windows has just been “abandoned” by Elite in favour of MyETraining for Windows. Hopefully it will working properly soon.

NB to tell if you have type 2 or 3, check the serial no. Greater than 22210 means type 3.

Return to “Real Software”