my e training

Our old Real software, now dismissed

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

airstrike85

my e training

Postby airstrike85 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:15 pm

Hello.
I am looking to buy the elite suito and have a question about it.
Do I have to take a paid monthly subscription to be able to use routes on my home trainer and that the latter automatically adjusts the resistance according to the route?
I want to take the course but don't want to pay for my.e.training or zwift every month.
where can I find videos to see this rendering of the application?
Thanks for your feedback

Elite Admin S

Re: my e training

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi

You need a subscription, but is annual (not monthly) and it costs around 20€.
Anyway, with your Suito you will receive a coupon with a free 1 year subscription so you can evaluate it.
Consider that our trainers are all open protocol and you can use them also with other third party software and apps.

Regards

paulstuartburton

Postby paulstuartburton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:44 pm

To Elite Admin - thousands of cyclists have put their faith in Elite products and now find that their expensive turbo trainers have a private Ant protocol that is not even supported by Elite’s OWN myETraining for Windows software! These trainers can’t even be used with myETraining for IOS because you haven’t bothered to make or source an Apple approved Ant dongle. Zwift no longer works with these private Ant protocol turbo trainers either. I wrote two comments on this forum about this a month ago which you have decided to ignore. I know they have been ignored because most other comments have been answered. So, it is particularly frustrating when you misinform customers by saying all Elite turbo trainers use an open protocol. If this was the case, so many of us who have purchased Elite turbo trainers wouldn’t be so disappointed in our purchases. When will the thousands of Elite turbo trainers with private Ant protocols be useable on myETraining for Windows, myETraining for IOS or Zwift? Thank you.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am

Hi Paul

You are talking about our old ant trainers.
Indeed, when we made the first ant trainers, ant protocol was quite new. There wasn't a "standard" at the beginning.
Those trainers were meant to work with their handlebar console (Qubo Digital and Arion Digital) or with Real software, not with external app.
As soon as ant became a standard (ant+ fe-c), we immediately began to use it (and this is why all our ant+ fe-c trainers are compatible with third party apps and software).

About compatibility of old ant trainers:

- my e-training Android app already supports old ant trainers

- my e-training iOS app supports ant trainers and there was a compatible dongle for iOS devices when we were producing those trainers. Then, some years later, iOS had a big update and the dongle was no more compatible with it. The dongle manufacturer (Wahoo) decided to not update their device (and they withdraw it from the market)

- my e-training desktop (Mac and Windows) will support old ant trainers by the end of this year; the windows version will also support old wired trainers

- About Zwift, they have all our protocols (also the old ant ones and the wired ones) and they should be still supported. If you have any problem with Zwift and old trainers, please contact their customer care.

I hope to have clarified the situation.

paulstuartburton

Postby paulstuartburton » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi Elite Admin, thanks for a prompt response, it makes a big difference.

I bought my RealTour Ant brand new and My ETraining for IOS was already available when I started using the RealTour. I bought the Wahoo 32 pin dongle and the Apple Lightning adapter so I could use My ETraining for IOS. When Apple made the dongle an unsupported accessory I encountered the problems that many other Real trainer owners experienced.

Potential solutions were (i) Elite make a supported dongle, (ii) use My ETraining for Windows, (iii) use Zwift on Windows. My preference was to use My ETraining for Windows, so I downloaded this software only to find that Elite’s Real trainers were not selectable in Elite’s own software. Since the beginning of 2020, several Zwift users with Real trainers have raised tickets to resolve the private Elite Ant protocol no longer being supported issue with Zwift but they have had no success. That’s why I am asking you to contact Zwift to get the private protocol supported again as you have more influence.

So until the end of the year, when you start to support Real trainers in My ETraining for Windows, I will try to use the outdated and clunky Real Software. Unfortunately, I keep getting a message saying “unable to connect to the server - please try again later”. Several other users on this forum are having similar problems or are getting the message “we are sorry, myRealVideos is not available for the moment - please try later” Please see their unanswered comments under “Real Software” in this forum.

I would recommend that Airstryke gives My Etraining a go as I enjoyed using it until the point when the dongle became unsupported. it also offers good value for money.

Thank you

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:27 am

Hi Paul

We've just done a test and the server seems ok (I've downloaded a myRealVideo also to check).
Probably, the problem is the setting of your machine.
Please do a test by disabling the antivirus and the firewall and check if the problem solves. If it is so, check if Real or the site www.raxine.net are blacklisted

If the problem persists, contact our customer care
Regards

paulstuartburton

Postby paulstuartburton » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi Elite Admin, Raxine.net was listed by Norton as a dangerous website. I asked them to classify it as a safe website which they did. I could then, for a short period of time, access your server and download a few MyRealVideos. Today, it will no longer connect to the server and seems to be looking for the following website: http://eng !!! As MyETraining for Windows currently keeps crashing, I can still not use my RealTour ANT unless I am lucky with my ANT dongle and IOS. Please can you help, my RealTour cost £hundreds. Thank you.

Return to “Real Software”