Downloading .tcx files

Our old Real software, now dismissed

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

ginnerdover

Downloading .tcx files

Postby ginnerdover » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:53 am

Hi
I have an elite real turbomuin (not B+)
Using the PC software is great and using the video is god but when i try to download a training ride in a .tcx file, i cannot upload to my Garmin connect account.
I have looked at the file with notebook and tried to amend some of the code to make it work, with no success.
I have tried a .tcx repair tool software but this does not work either.
the only way to upload is to convert to a .gpx file, this uploads some of the information (heart rate, power & cadence) but not speed or distance.
can anyone help with this issue
Alex

Elite Admin M

Re: Downloading .tcx files

Postby Elite Admin M » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 am

Hi

Which error do you get in Garmin Connect?
The file should upload, but speed may be incorrect (we're working with them about this issue, it seems to be due on how they interpretate the data in the tcx files)

Regards

peacethrubeer

Postby peacethrubeer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 am

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same issue. When I try to upload to Garmin Connect, everything looks good, but then Garmin Connect says "error while uploading file". No more details are provided.

Thanks!

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 am

I confirm you that there are some problems with the export to Garmin Connect.
But it also depends on the software (Real, my e-training...).
Please write to our customer care with all the details.

Regards

peacethrubeer

Postby peacethrubeer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 am

Maybe I found the problem, at least for the Elite Real software: The Garmin import does not seem to like the time format, even though it seems to be valid. If I change all the time stamps to GMT, it imports with no errors!

For example a time stamp like 2018-03-05T00:00:00+01:00 does NOT work, but a time stamp like 2018-03-09T00:00:01Z *does* work!

I still see a problem with the speed being wrong, but at least it is loading without errors and the summary data seems correct. I'll continue to look into this...

peacethrubeer

Postby peacethrubeer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:45 pm

I have created a Java program that converts the .tcx files from Elite Real into a format accepted by Garmin. My Real software says it is the latest version, and still saves incompatible files, so I believe this may be of use to others.

I posted this on www.vortant.com/health_fitness/

Return to “Real Software”