Creating Geo Located Course Issue

Moderators: Elite Admin S, Elite Admin M

petercove

Creating Geo Located Course Issue

Postby petercove » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 am

I decided to have a go at creating a Geo Located course following the instructions with the Elite real software. The first attempt was a roughly circular course from my home. I got the green start point fixed and then started moving the red finish point. Unfortunately when I moved it about halfway around the course Google Maps suddenly redrew my course using a shorter distance from my home to where I had moved the red marker. Is there a better way to use this feature? I guess it would be OK for non-circular courses. Can we use programs Like Map my ride for example to generate a file for Elite to use?

Elite Admin S

Re: Creating Geo Located Course Issue

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

Hi

With a little patience you should be able to do it, but I know that sometime it can be frustrating...
Unfortunately it is not possible to import a geo-located course (you can import a kml file, but it will become an altimetry/distance program)

But I also have some exciting news on this topic...
In fall, we will release a completely new pc software (for windows and mac) and the developers has worked also to improve this functionality ;)

So, be patient a little bit more and stay tuned! :mrgreen:

gilles.martel1

Postby gilles.martel1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:09 am

Will it work with Elite Real tour?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 am

Do you mean the new software?

The first release will be available only for fe-c trainers.
Later we will release it also for ant and smart trainers, but I don't have a release date yet.

So, if you have a RealTour B+, it is supported by the new software.
If you have a RealTour ant, it will be supported but you'll have to wait a little for a new version.
If you have a wired RealTour, I'm sorry but it won't be supported.

Regards

Return to “Software Real”