Misuro B+ sensor works in my hand but not on TurboMuin??

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Oc1rob

Misuro B+ sensor works in my hand but not on TurboMuin??

Postby Oc1rob » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Just tried to fit a new Misuro B+ sensor to a turbo Muin and it does not detect the flywheel magnet when velcroed to the case
If I hold the sensor in my hand and wave the extra magnet around the back of the case I get a detection with correct ANT+ address etc.
But once I refit it to the case I get nothing.
Ive positioned the velco as accurate as possible to the guided 19-23mm
I'm about 20mm from the horizontal moulded line.

Sensor is new, Elite TurboMuin is old (SN - 20007)
Ive opened the belt cover and can see the on board magnet, and again if I pass the sensor over the flywheel magnet without the case again it works fine

Its obvioulsy an issue with aligment, but I cannot get it any better that I can see.
TurboMuin case is a bit warped at the top, is the internal distance that critical that 5mm could affect detection?
Ive tried pulling the case tight to the frame with some tape, but this made no difference

Im using a 10spd MTB casette, climber gear is quite large, and I cannot move it more inwards.. could this be the issue?

When I force it to connect manually Laptop with ANT+ USB dongle shows the device fine in Zwift.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong?
Im using a 10spd MTB casette, climber gear is quite large, and I cannot move it more inwards.. could this be the issue?
what distance radius from centre QR axle shoudl the center of the sensor be?
thanks

geoff2448

Re: Misuro B+ sensor works in my hand but not on TurboMuin??

Postby geoff2448 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:07 am

I had problems with Misuro B+ and gave up because I couldn't get it to function reliably. So on the App I changed the trainer selection back to the basic Turbo Muin. Then following something I saw DC Rainmaker do on YouTube when he tested the Turbo Muin, I duct taped an old speed sensor (old Garmin or new Bontrager) with small finger to pick up a wheel magnet so it picked up the trainer magnet. Then with standard Garmin ANT+ USB on long cable on floor by it, a regular crank sensor (Garmin) the laptop picked up speed and cadence (and HR). I did not turn on my Garmin ... just use the app. Should pick up HR strap, the cadence and speed reliably - will show sensors green in the app when you start peddling. (And power if you've got it). Being a Level trainer it will only load you according to speed but it works well enough. Hope this is some help. I just took the Misuro and put it out of range (never to darken my space again LOL)

Elite Admin S

Re: Misuro B+ sensor works in my hand but not on TurboMuin??

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:23 am

Hi

Can you tell me the serial number of your Turbo Muin?
Can you send a photo of how you positioned the misuro on the trainer?
Did you check to have the proper number of flashes set on the misuro?

Regards

Return to “Misuro”