MyRealvideo shows upside down

Turn your outdoor training into My RealVideo!

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

edwinf8936

MyRealvideo shows upside down

Postby edwinf8936 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm

A few of the video I have downloaded show upside down example 9847413.
Any idea why this happens/ Is it me or the video?
I went and found the MP4 file and played it, it is upside down also.

mark.fardon

Re: MyRealvideo shows upside down

Postby mark.fardon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi I think its because it was filmed upside down (using Iphone) . I filmed one of my favourite courses, took me 40 minutes to drive the route only to find when i uploaded and tested it, it' supside down.

I tested this today. When you film with an Iphone, the iphone screen always flips the recorded image the correct way up while you are filming. However, if you film with the rear camera lens (the main one one on the back of the phone) in the bottom RH corner (as you look at the phone screen) this will result in the video being upside down on the Elite software once uploaded.

I haven't found any way to correct this, there is no ability to edit the recoded footage. Maybe the team at ELite could do this but dont seem to be answering threads on this issue or interested. Seems the only solution is to re-record all over again

davidfmartin

Postby davidfmartin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm

I have also had this recently, see id 16294816, however this was the 3rd of three videos where the phone was in the same position for all (camera in bottom right as seen from screen side) and the first two were fine, so looks like a random bug to me.
Elite support could you look into this please and flip image if possible?

tynyrhos

Postby tynyrhos » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:35 pm

If you have a PC, you can use Movie Maker to rotate the video. Reply here if you want detailed instructions.

I have done this with a couple of downloaded MyRealVidoes, but in my case I wished to mirror the images so that I was cycling on the left of the road as we do in the UK. Then I export the video from MovieMaker and Myetraining plays them fine.

Paddy in Wales

Return to “myRealVideo”