CSV file data error

Turn your outdoor training into My RealVideo!

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

aspin65

CSV file data error

Postby aspin65 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Hello,

I have recently uploaded 4 rides in Lanzarote. I think they are excellent. However on 3 of the rides the length of data on the CSV file is shorter than the length of the video. For example ride 81797317 has data for 4522 seconds but the ride is 1hr30m30s or 5430 seconds. I have amended the CSV file by putting a formula in column J of =round(I1*(5430/4522),0). I copied this formula all the way down and then pasted the whole column into column I as values. Then I deleted the formulas out and resaved the CSV file. Today I rerode the ride and it's perfect. Now all the climbs are in the right place and the ride ends when the video does.

I have done the same thing with rides 81036975 and 81836201.

Could I either send you the revised CSV files for you to put on the server or can you amend them in the same way?

They are much more enjoyable when everything is in sync.

Thanks Graeme

stefan_l_01

Re: CSV file data error

Postby stefan_l_01 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:23 pm

I uploaded today 2 little vids and both are also not in sync with gps data. The gps is quicker, and the end of track runs at 0%.
I choosed 1sec interval for gps data.
So many bugs everywhere

ken.kgself

Postby ken.kgself » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:01 am

I've also found many videos like this. In all cases the video is 1.2 times as long as the GPS track. This is also the same ratio as 30 frames per second versus 25. Looking frame by frame at the videos you can see that every sixth frame is the same as the one before so it looks like something has gone wrong in the upload process. It looks like a 30fps video has been interpreted as 25fps (making it 1.2x longer) then transcoded to 30fps.

stefan_l_01

Postby stefan_l_01 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:22 pm

ken.kgself wrote:I've also found many videos like this. In all cases the video is 1.2 times as long as the GPS track. This is also the same ratio as 30 frames per second versus 25. Looking frame by frame at the videos you can see that every sixth frame is the same as the one before so it looks like something has gone wrong in the upload process. It looks like a 30fps video has been interpreted as 25fps (making it 1.2x longer) then transcoded to 30fps.

This is a good hint. My video setting says 30fps. And I dont know how to change it.
But hey thats the task of elite Software departent to get different options right. There are hundreds of cam options in the mobiles out there

stefan_l_01

Postby stefan_l_01 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:04 pm

@Elite: what shall we do?? Will you fix the issue?
25fps are only supported by new iOS, if you choose PAL.in cam setting.
Still its not sure that this app uses it. I dont want to buy an iPhone to try it out!
I have Android. 30fps. I tried to convert the vid to 25fps on pc, copied back to phone and started upload, but due to less or different size upload hanged up.
At the end I tried removing it by trash, hoping with cvs data and mp4 available i could force a new creation somehow, but failed unfortunately. No way to start a manual creation process.
Please help me to get a video done correctly thx
Stefan

Return to “myRealVideo”