Training test and calibration with power meter

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

bnej

Training test and calibration with power meter

Postby bnej » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:55 am

I have Garmin Vector 3 power meter pedals and an Arion Digital trainer, using My e-Training. I've been using the software for a while without a power meter, but the estimated power is way off any makes it hard to accurately compare to on-road training.

So I got the pedals to pair no trouble as a power meter.

I tried using the calibration wizard in advanced settings, tried twice - after the first 10 minutes to "warm up", it tells me to "keep pedalling and keep the bike in the red box", but there is no red box and the indicated speed is zero. Stopping pedalling and waiting or keeping pedalling made no difference, it just stuck there and didn't change.

I tried using the training test, which I like as a feature and have done before - it ignored my power meter during the ramp up phase, then suddenly started showing measured power when I hit the target heart rate, but resistance dropped to zero and I could not put any reasonable amount of power down any more. When I looked at the activity in history, it showed my power meter data and not the estimated power, even when the ramp up phase was using estimated power. Basically wasted an hour of training time between the two.

Are these known problems? It's very annoying, because I like training on the rollers, but it messes up all my power data if I use the export from the app, and I have to translate real power measurements to the estimated power to set up training sessions.

If I can't get the external power meter to work properly with the app, and the calibration doesn't seem to work, is there a way to unpair the power meter so I can at least go back to using it with estimated power where the training features work properly?

Elite Admin S

Re: Training test and calibration with power meter

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm

It is necessary to investigate further.
Please contact the customer care at real@elite-it.com adding as much information as possible (included the serial number of the trainer)

Regards

Return to “My e-training”