Downloaded videos on iPad

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

MDE

Downloaded videos on iPad

Postby MDE » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 pm

I have downloaded some videos onto my iPad. The videos work fine but they occupy a lot of space. I have two problems:
1. I cannot see how much space is taken up by the videos. When I look at the iPad's Settings->General->iPad storage, it does not appear to know that the videos are there: the available space does not seem to reduce after downloading a video and the amount of storage used by myEtraining is shown as just 41.4MB (presumably just the app itself). If I keep downloading videos then I will presumably run out of space at some time while the iPad still shows there is no problem (there are no free lunches or perpetual motion either!).
2. Given the storage issues on the iPad, I thought that perhaps I could download videos to my Desktop and just sync the ones for immediate use to my iPad (repeatedly deleting and re-downloading is not really feasible where there is a poor and/or capped internet connection). However, even assuming this to be possible (which is not clear), I cannot get the desktop version to run as it is not in the same room as the bike and it will not start without an ANT+ connection.
This is a big pity, because some of the videos are really good! (I have been comparing my eTraining to Rouvy and the integration with the bike is better - I have a Direto. The main area where Rouvy scores is that it comes with maps and some much better ways of searching and browsing for videos.)

Elite Admin S

Re: Downloaded videos on iPad

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

Please contact our customer care at real@elite-it.com

Regards

denekamp

Re: Downloaded videos on iPad

Postby denekamp » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 pm

I just received my Direto a couple of days ago and have the same question. Before I start to download videos I'd like to know where they're being stored so that I can delete them after.

Return to “My e-training”