Calibration bug in mph?

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

paul.rv

Calibration bug in mph?

Postby paul.rv » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi

FYI I have noticed that when I calibrate my Nero on My e training it says I need to reach a target speed of 37 mph but it tells me to stop pedalling at around 24 mph (37 kph). I guess its just an issue with the units conversion not happening but thought I should mention it.

Paul

Elite Admin S

Re: Calibration bug in mph?

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am

Hi

Check with our app Upgrado if you have the latest version of the firmware.
If not, update it.

If this won't solve the problem, check also if it works properly if you set the unit of measure in km/h instead of mph.
Then contact our customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en

Regards

emailfordye

Postby emailfordye » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi Paul,

I would also recommend riding somewhat faster than the number displayed. I tried matching the speed exactly, which caused the app to say, start over. I believe the app wanted me to ride at 37 km/h, so it makes sense what you say and I would consider the 37 mph just a display bug. Basically you ride at or over 37 km/h (over is better) and then the app tells to roll to a stop. The time it takes to drop to 0 is then used to calibrate. Mine takes about 5.7 seconds, for example. I would waver a guess it uses the speed as the start signal for calibration and the 0 point as stop and plug in time into formula to get calibration number. I've got an external power meter, so I don't really worry too much about power accuracy from the device.

I can also try to calibrate in mph to see what happens, if you're interested.

I've also got a firmware 194 and hardware version 003 to help with the comparison.

Terry

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 am

Hi Terry

You're right, it's always necessary to overcome the target value (and not only reach it).

Regards

mbrismo

Postby mbrismo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:00 am

I have the app set to metric, it says i should reach the target of 30 kmh. I start pedaling and reach 30, nothing happens, increase a little more, nothing happens. I have tried going up to 50+ kmh but it still says i should increase my speed.
I am using a Zumo with firmware 191 and hardware revision 003, Upgrado says im up to date.

hernandez_christ

Postby hernandez_christ » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Last time it happened to me but it was because I was pedaling before starting the calibration. Make sure you do not pedal before the test start.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 am

@mbrismo,

if the problem persists try to uninstall and install again the app.
Also, power off any wireless devices in the area to avoid interference.
If still you are not able to calibrate, contact us:
https://support.elite-it.com/

Regards

Return to “My e-training”