Elevation data/gpx from my routes

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mickellison63

Elevation data/gpx from my routes

Postby mickellison63 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm

I bought the Direto XR as I assumed (from the associated advertising for the product and the included paid app you need to use the device to its potential) that elevation and gpx data would also have been uploaded to Strava along with the other ride metrics. Can someone please explain why this is not possible and if it’s a planned inclusion to the myetraining app?
I’m more than happy to pay an additional fee for it!

Altenburger

Re: Elevation data/gpx from my routes

Postby Altenburger » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Hello,
I'm also curious about this inclusion to myetraining app.
With Strava, the elevation looks more accurate indeed, because Strava is using the gps map to make calculations of the elevation.

cheapessaywriter.co.uk
editor of WildernessBackpacking

Steven Poitras

Re: Elevation data/gpx from my routes

Postby Steven Poitras » Tue May 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi, if your device only uses GPS to obtain ascent data and does not have a built-in barometer, Strava calculates the ascent by correlating the GPS data to the Strava Ascent Basemap. The elevation information stored in the Strava Ascent Basemap may differ from the elevation data provided by Direto. In this case, Strava uses the information provided by the climb basemap. As a result, the data may vary. I can also add that in the Basecamp program, for example, the function for editing heights is available, try importing your route there and manually specifying the heights.

soclikes.com
Regards, Steven Poitras.

Return to “My e-training”