Drivo Calibration- etraining app update

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

paul

Drivo Calibration- etraining app update

Postby paul » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:11 am

I am getting set up again for some winter indoor training. Having updated the etraining app on my iPhone I note I can now connect to the Drivo to alter the power smoothing and to complete a calibration of the unit. I was unable to do this last time I tried as it required an ANT+ connection so pleased to see this.

Could you please advise whether the calibration needs to be done, I was under the impression that the DRIVO did not require calibrating or any form of spin down like the other smart trainers on the market.

Also could you please advise how the power smoothing works and what the numbers relate too. I am interested in this as despite holding a steady cadence and a smooth pedal stroke my power numbers drift quite wildly when using Zwift even when I have it set to show the data every 3 secs not instant.

Thanks

Paul

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo Calibration- etraining app update

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 am

Hi

It's a good habit to perform a calibration around one time per month.
About the power fluctuations, it's quite normal due to the high precision of the power sensor. If you prefer to have a more stable power visualization, increase the value. Give it a try to evaluate if it is better.

Regards

paul

Re: Drivo Calibration- etraining app update

Postby paul » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

Thank you for the prompt response, I have increased it to 6 so will see what this does next time I use it. Do the numbers relate to anything e.g. no of seconds the data is captured.

I know their have been lots of issues around the ERG mode with the Drivo and I cannot get on with using it, as it alters the resistance too quickly due to the sensitivity of the power meter and any small fluctuations in your pedal stroke. Will changing the power smoothing have any impact on the ERG mode and how quickly it alters the resistance.

Return to “My e-training”