Lost Ant+ connection during program training

A virtual coach compatible with all Elite hometrainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

gerald.amouroux

Lost Ant+ connection during program training

Postby gerald.amouroux » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi,

I have a Samsung A5 2017 with Android 8.0 and last My E-training app version.
Since several month, when running a training program mode, after 30mn the app loose the ant+ connection and I have no more power resistance management, bpm, speed and rpm.
If I close and start again the app I got a message saying there is no Ant+ connection available ??? I have to restart my mobile phone to have the app working again.

Any idea ?

best regards
Gérald

stefano.braghieri.69

Re: Lost Ant+ connection during program training

Postby stefano.braghieri.69 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I have the same issue :(

I've got the way to test different devices
samsung Galaxy Tab
samsung Galaxy a5 2017
HUAWEI P Smart 2019
ipad pro
Asus zen pad

they behave in the same way, randomly they loose ANT connection

Thanks & Rgds
Stefano

michaelwestergaard

Postby michaelwestergaard » Sun May 03, 2020 10:04 am

I have the same problem, but not only in programmode also in Video mode. The connection seems fine in the beginning and then typically after 7-8 minuttes I lose the ANT+ connection and the app freezes. Lately it happens almost every time I try to use the app and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app without any improvements. I´m using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) model with built in ANT+, but have also tried to connect using a USB OTG cabel and a separate ANT+ connector placed directly on my Elite Drivo trainer itself, but this does not help.
The tablet is now running Android 8.1.0 and I it is very unusual that I have ANT+ connection problems or stability problems if I use Kinomap or RGT as an app instead with the same tablet and Elite Drivo and also select ANT+ as protocol.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi guys

Connection issues can have many different causes.

Often the cause is on interference. A good test is to power off any wireless devices in the area (smartphone, tablet, Garmin/Wahoo/Polar devices..) and check if the issue disappear. If it is so, then power on one by one all the devices to understand which one is the source of the interference.

Power off also the wifi, it's not so rare that it creates interference (it may transmit on the same frequency).
If this is your case, change the wifi channel and the problem will be solved.

Also, the problem may be on the ant dongle (pc), and sometime it's useful to use an extension usb cable to put the dongle closer to the trainer.

And try with different devices if you can (sometimes it may simply be a problem on the used device)

If all of the things above don't solve the problem, contact our customer care

Regards

michaelwestergaard

Postby michaelwestergaard » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm

I don't agree with the conclusion that it is my environment (other wifi signals from neighbors etc.) that causes my MyEtraining app to be unstable when I want to use it with my Elite Drivo Hometrainer.

I frequently use the trainer with other apps (Kinomap, RGT Cycling) without any problems and as soon as I switch to the MyETraining app the app will run for maybe a couple of minutes and then stops responding. I have also experienced that if I just kept riding without any control of the trainer suddenly the MyETrainig woke up and started recording again at least for a few minutes before it stopped responding again.

I can use the app for calibration purposes and setting smoothing values, but that it.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:03 am

@Michaelwestergaard,

contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com to investigate further

Regards

Return to “My e-training”