Noise from Real Turbo Muin B+

RealAxiom, RealTour, RealPower, Real Turbo Muin, Real emotion

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

unicron

Noise from Real Turbo Muin B+

Postby unicron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi,

I have not long bought an Elite Real Turbo Muin B+ from Halfords UK and although the unit is solid and performs remarkably well on Zwift, I am getting a lot of noise from it. The noise tends be worse when I have been riding it for over 30 minutes or so, so when it is properly heated up. It also tends to be when I'm riding at around 80-85 rpm in a high gear grinding away, and the noise sounds internal like a rhythmic *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack*.... It shuts up a bit if I free wheel briefly and pedal again but it soon comes back....And it's quite annoying!

Any ideas as to how to fix this or is this simply a case of returning the unit back to the supplier?

Elite Admin S

Re: Noise from Real Turbo Muin B+

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 pm

As for all the noise issue, a video is necessary to understand the cause.
Please contact the customer care at real@elite-it.com adding a short recording of the sound (if the file is too large, please upload it on a file sharing site like wetransfer or sendspace)

Regards

dunn.martin

Postby dunn.martin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 pm

I assume you probably returned yours back to Halfords. However, mine has developed exactly the same *clack clack* noise after 2 years of near silent use, and again becomes apparent after around 15-30 of riding.
Just wondering if you found out what the issue was before I pop the cover off my unit?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Noises are not so easy to analyze.
The causes may be many and very different one from the other.
So, I suggest you to take a video and send it to the customer care to check the situation.

Regards

Return to “Real trainers”