Speed readings in Zwift too high for Power Mag Smart B+

Turno, Kura, Turbo Muin Smart B+, Qubo Power Mag Smart B+

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

marnen67

Speed readings in Zwift too high for Power Mag Smart B+

Postby marnen67 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

HI,
I have Elite Power Mag Smart B+ with 30mm diameter roller unit and 8 level manual shifter, which I connect via Bluetooth on my Android Tab (Galxy A7).
When I pair with Zwift, it recognizes my trainer as EliteTrainer 18 in Power Source, Cadence and Controllable fields.

Everything works fine, accept the speed readings while I ride. Speed is much higher than normal (like doubled). Power readings seem OK, comparing them to the readings that I get from MyEtraining app with the approximately same rpm, resistance level set on manual shifter and gear set on bicycle (I didn’t run both apps simultaneously).

I also tried my trainer with the Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch which found Sp/Cad 20562 and Sp/Cad EliteTrainer sensors as sensors active on my trainer while pedaling. Speed readings on Garmin watch and MyEtraining app correspond absolutely (I run them simultaneously).

Since the power readings on Zwift seem OK, I tried to unpair Controllable, but the speed readings stay the same. I also tried different combinations – like pairing only Controllable, pairing Power and Cadence without Controllable, etc. but nothing worked.
While I ride, and Zwift slope changes dramatically, (like to 12%), speed falls down.
It is looks like Zwift changes speed according to the slope, but, since I have manual shifter, resistance on my bike is not being changed by Zwift.

It could also be that Zwift calculates speed for my trainer as it has 45mm roller unit. I had to set circumference value in Garmin watch to 94mm (which corresponds to the 30mm radius) to get realistic speed readings on Garmin watch.

How to solve this? I would like to see Power, speed and cadence readings in Zwift in realistic values (presumably without the influence of slope in Zwift.

Is it possible to upgrade firmware on Power Mag Smart b+ ith Upgrado, and will it be helpfull?

Thanks in advance

Nenad

Elite Admin S

Re: Speed readings in Zwift too high for Power Mag Smart B+

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 am

Hi

Your trainer is not a controllable trainer (that option is for interactive trainers), it's a smart trainer.

Follow the instructions in this link for smart trainers:
https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... n-on-Zwift

Regards

Return to “Smart Trainers”