Elite Qubo Smart B+ and Garmin Edge 530 or Wahoo Elemnt

Turno, Kura, Turbo Muin Smart B+, Qubo Power Mag Smart B+

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

r.zamecnik

Elite Qubo Smart B+ and Garmin Edge 530 or Wahoo Elemnt

Postby r.zamecnik » Wed May 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi Elite team,

I am using my iPhone to control the power resistance of my Elite Qubo Smart B+ (firmware 153, hardware revision 009)

Could you please confirm if I can control the power resistance also from Garmin Edge 530 or Wahoo Elemnt? I would like to buy such bike computer.

Thank you

Rene

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Qubo Smart B+ and Garmin Edge 530 or Wahoo Elemnt

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 am

Hi

I suppose that you have a Qubo Digital Smart B+ and not a Qubo Power Mag Smart B+ (which is not interactive).

I can confirm you that you can use Garmin 530 without any problem.
Also the Wahoo Elmnt Bolt should work with it, but I must warn you that this device has the tendency to overwrite some parameters inside the trainer memory and this have caused some issues in the past.

Regards

r.zamecnik

Postby r.zamecnik » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi Sir,

thank you for answer.

You are correct I have Qubo Digital Smart B+ and it works finally with Garmin Edge 530, but I am experiencing one issue.

When I use what any mode on Edge 530 and want to change the resistance level it always resets first the default value, when I open the changing option. Example is below.

I.E. using the power mode (resistance based on Watts)
1. Basic settings is 200Watts
2. I set the resistance to 150Watts. All is fine. Edge is showing 150W as resistrance level.
3. But when I go back to setting on Edge 530 and want to change it to another value (ie. set it to 160W). The Edge first set the resistance back to 200W without me doing anything.

So it is really difficult to operate it manually. It looks like the trainer is not sending back the current resistance level to Edge 530.

I was told by Czech Garmin support than this is issue of Elite trainer not Garmin issue as nobody else is experiencing it.

Do you have any advice for this issue please?

Thank you very much.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:02 am

Hi

This is the first time I hear of such an issue honestly.

The resistance only moves when a command is sent. Here an example:

1. Suppose that you're pedaling at 20km/h and the training requests 200W.
2. Garmin will send to the trainer a power command (200W).
3. The trainer will check your speed and calculate the resistance level needed to have a 200W power

The trainer doesn't keep memory of the previous messages, so it's not possible that he moves accordingly to a previous segment.

Are you sure that your speed is quite constant during a change of power?
If your speed decreases significantly, the trainer will increase more the resistance to match the target power.
Then it will decrease it as soon as you accelerate again.

If this doesn't explain your experience, try also to do the same kind of training using my e-training this time and let me know if you have the same issue

Regards

r.zamecnik

Postby r.zamecnik » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:01 am

Hi Sir,

you do not understand me :)

The Elite training is fine and it reacts as expected. There were no such issues with Elite eTraining application.

But Edge is resetting the current resistance value to default and Garmin support is saying that the problem is on Elite trainer site.

I will make a video later if you want.

So you are saying the communication is only from Edge to Elite Trainer. Elite trainer is not sending anything back to confirm the resistance settings is accepted or what is current resistance settings?

Thank you

Rene

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am

So you are saying the communication is only from Edge to Elite Trainer. Elite trainer is not sending anything back to confirm the resistance settings is accepted or what is current resistance settings?

Not saying so. The trainer will send back its actual status, but can't send a previous one.
I'll schedule some test to see if I can reproduce this problem. I'll keep you updated

Regards

r.zamecnik

Postby r.zamecnik » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi Sir,

Do you have any news please?

In meanwhile I have Direto XRT and the problem is the same.

I made the video. You can find here together with FIT file - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apfu5bMBp-w_5UvmHhDO0Iel7UWz

Rene

lucidam

Postby lucidam » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:17 am

Elite Admin S wrote:Hi

I suppose that you have a Qubo Digital only up! Smart B+ and not a Qubo Power Mag Smart B+ (which is not interactive).

I can confirm you that you can use Garmin 530 without any problem.
Also the Wahoo Elmnt Bolt should work with it, but I must warn you that this device has the tendency to overwrite some parameters inside the trainer memory and this have caused some issues in the past.

Regards

thanks

Return to “Smart Trainers”