Kura Trainer dropping connections and incorrect speed

Turno, Kura, Turbo Muin Smart B+, Qubo Power Mag Smart B+

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mark.hebden

Kura Trainer dropping connections and incorrect speed

Postby mark.hebden » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:20 am

Hi,

I have an Elite Kura Smart Trainer which has served me well for over 3 years.

However since about early April 2020 i have had an increase in disconnections/dropouts from by Garmin computer(Fenix 5x) and from a Garmin ANT+ dongle on my PC while using Zwift. Up until these issues started I have never noticed a single dropout, over the past few weeks they have become almost constant.

As a troubleshooting step I have removed and re-added the Power and Speed/Cadence sensors for the trainer from my Garmin several times. This did not stop the constant sensor disconnects/dropouts.

Since removing and re-adding the Speed/Cadence sensor, speed is reported by my Garmin incorrectly, reading 70+kph where it would normally be 20+kph. It does this with the wheel size being set on the Garmin computer to Auto or being set manually to the correct value of 2096. Setting the wheel size manually to 596 seems to achieve a speed value similar to what I have experienced for the past 3 years.

Attempting to calibrate the power meter using the Garmin computer fails.

The myTraining app on my android mobile reports the correct/expected speed and no dropouts or connection losses are reported by the app.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems recently? Could anyone suggest any possible fixes to these issues?

Thanks,
Mark

Elite Admin S

Re: Kura Trainer dropping connections and incorrect speed

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Please contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com, it's necessary to investigate further

Regards

gp_oscar

Re: Kura Trainer dropping connections and incorrect speed

Postby gp_oscar » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:50 am

Hi Mark,

I have experienced the same issue, could you solve this? please let me know how to fix it.

Regards,

Javier

Return to “Smart Trainers”