Two issues: speed sensor and High output wattage

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

fabiotavora

Two issues: speed sensor and High output wattage

Postby fabiotavora » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi there

I am a new owner of the Turbo Muin B+ Elite trainer. The setup was easy and the ergonomics are perfect, steady. I have two problems though.

1. I can connect the Elite Trainer with my Garmin device as a Power source, my the Garmin devices (either the Garmin 520 or the Fenix 3 watch) do not find the trainer as a speed/cadence sensor, so I am unable to assess speed in the Garmin devices.

2. When I connect the Elite Trainer with the computer via Zwift (ANT+ USB), the Zwift application can connect and finds the power and speed from the trainer, but the power reads are way too high compared to what I am used to and also compared second by second with the reads from the Garmin Vector. The difference is about 20-25% higher when the power from the Elite trainer is read.

The trainer is very nice, but it is so heavy that is impossible to use the heaviest gears, and is not manageable to approximate the experience in the road.

Elite Admin S

Re: Two issues: speed sensor and High output wattage

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 am

Hi Fabio

I've seen that you're already in contact with our customer care to solve the problem.

Regards

an_assinck

Postby an_assinck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:57 pm

fabiotavora wrote:Hi there

I am a new owner of the Turbo Muin B+ Elite trainer. The setup was easy and the ergonomics are perfect, steady. I have two problems though.

1. I can connect the Elite Trainer with my Garmin device as a Power source, my the Garmin devices (either the Garmin 520 or the Fenix 3 watch) do not find the trainer as a speed/cadence sensor, so I am unable to assess speed in the Garmin devices.

2. When I connect the Elite Trainer with the computer via Zwift (ANT+ USB), the Zwift application can connect and finds the power and speed from the trainer, but the power reads are way too high compared to what I am used to and also compared second by second with the reads from the Garmin Vector. The difference is about 20-25% higher when the power from the Elite trainer is read.

The trainer is very nice, but it is so heavy that is impossible to use the heaviest gears, and is not manageable to approximate the experience in the road.

Hi Fabiotavora,

I am a new user of the Elite Turno smart and i have the same problem. When i use my smarttrainer with Zwift the wattage output is a bit to high compared with what i am used to. I am normally a cyclist who can putt 250 FTP and with the new trainer i push easily 300 watts average. I haven't tried with more effort, cause i am afraid to get banned from Zwiftpower(organized races). Is there a possibility to adjust the resistance or output? Have you had an answer to your question to solve your problem? Let me know!!

backonthecoupon

Postby backonthecoupon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

I also have this issue - how was it solved?

Return to “Turbo Muin”