Low speed with Direto on Sufferfest

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

chrisrich1968

Low speed with Direto on Sufferfest

Postby chrisrich1968 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:48 am

Hi.
Any Direto/Sufferfest users experiencing extremely low speed on SF app? I set up my Direto as per instruction by Elite and Sufferfest (selected the Elite Direto Trainer from dropdown box in SF settings (173mm wheel size) but I'm getting very low speeds, like 0.4km/h at 100watts.
I have approached Sufferfest but they have yet to give me a fix.
Thanks
CJ

Elite Admin S

Re: Low speed with Direto on Sufferfest

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 am

Hi CJ

Thank you for your post, it's a good opportunity for me to explain a common error ;)

The reduced circumference (divided by the trainer ratio) must be used in non Elite devices/apps ONLY if you're connecting to the trainer as speed&cadence. Not if you connect to it as a ant+ fe-c (controllable) trainer.
This is a very common misunderstanding.

So, in your case:
1. first of all, run our my e-training app and verify that the circumference value is ok (in our app you have to insert the complete circumference value! Not the reduced one!) - here's a link on how to measure the circumference of your wheel: https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... cumference
2. then run Sufferfest and if you connect to the trainer as a controllable trainer (fe-c) use the real wheel circumference value!

Try with this settings, I'm sure you'll get correct speed 8-)

chrisrich1968

Re: Low speed with Direto on Sufferfest

Postby chrisrich1968 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I will try this, and would also like to share with the Sufferfest support team.
Cheers
CJ

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”