Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

trazor

Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Postby trazor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

So, I have a few KMs on my Drivo and Bluetooth is my preferred connection method. I do have a computer and an ANT+ dongle, but this is more work than just hooking up my iPad.

Problem is, when using iPad\Bluetooth with my Drivo, doesnt act like you'd expect. When giving max effort on flats, I actually run out of gears and my cadence increases, instead of the resistance. So when i get to about 400w, it lets me spin away, almost like an ERG mode (Which is disabled). This is devastation in for example a race, not beeing able to keep up with the pack at the start.
On hills, the resistance becomes unbearable when tipping 9%. Only gearing down helps a little, and bear in mind this is with trainer difficulty set to 50%. The Kickr Snap i "upgraded" from was totally different, at most i had to gear up or down one cog on the rear casette. Now i have to change both front and rear gears to be able to have a sensible ride. All most as if trainer difficulty was set to 100%.

Please fix this, this Drivo was supposed to be an upgrade but right now its more of an annoyance, and I'm regretting that I sold my Kickr Snap.

Elite Admin S

Re: Drivo + Zwift + Bluetooth = Problems

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi

If you use the ant+ the problem is not present, correct?
Also, if you use our app or software, you won't have the same issue, right?

I think It's due on how Zwift control the resistance in bluetooth. Some time ago, they didn't consider speed in their calculation. I know they were working on this and made some modify to their software, but I don't know the details. Contact their customer care, they will explain it to you.

Regards

trazor

Postby trazor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Ok, so you are 100% certain that the fault is in Zwifts software, and not your side?

sebrios

Postby sebrios » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Trazor, easiest thing to do, is try an other software to make sure...
there are Tonz of free apps just to try this specific issue... here's a guide
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/tra ... guide.html

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:49 am

Trazor,

of course you have to check first if you have the same problem using our my e-training app/software (as I've told you) ;)
It's not exactly an "issue", it's a different way to manage the resistance (in bluetooth). The protocol is the same, but how you command the trainer may be different. But if you want to have a good simulation, weight and speed must be considered.

mgfjd

Postby mgfjd » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm

The trainer works fine with the elite app in bluetooth mode. Zwift has the same issues with other trainers in bluetooth mode as well.

sichaelmullivan

Postby sichaelmullivan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

I've got the exact same problem with my Drivo. On Zwift, using Bluetooth on Apple TV...any way to fix this yet?

Thanks

ken.fyfe

Postby ken.fyfe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 am

I just bought a new Elite Drivo II and am having the same problems with the Drivo, Zwift and Apple TV (random control of resistance). I was going to try using an ANT+ to BLE converter like Viiiiva or CABLE, to solve this, but I read somewhere that these converters do not translate ANT FE-C. Has anyone figured out a workaround?

flimps

Postby flimps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm

A year has gone by and looks they have not fixed it.
My drivo reads 10-15 watts above any other powermeter.

They said the difference lies on that the powermeters reading on the pedals or cranks, chain dispersion, etc. The reality is wahoo provides same reading as pedal and cranks powermeters while drivo does not.

The problem lies in their BLE connection. Either they dont want to say they know this or acknowledge.

Returning my drivo this saturday. End of story

flimps

Postby flimps » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:01 am

mgfjd wrote:The trainer works fine with the elite app in bluetooth mode. Zwift has the same issues with other trainers in bluetooth mode as well.

It works but overstates the power output for about 10-20 watts. in some cases I more. It is therefore not providing a real power output reading.
Other trainers deliver the same output when compared to other power meters.

Elite first blamed it on Zwift. Now they said the power is read from different locations or random things such a chain dispersion.

Elite has a problem solving this problems and therefor losing to others such as Wahoo.

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”