Novo smart not adjusting resistance

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

chelseafan_5

Novo smart not adjusting resistance

Postby chelseafan_5 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi,
I sent this in via the website contact us section but thought it may be worth while putting on here in case I get a quicker response. I’ve not had my novo smart trainer long and it seemed to work ok on Zwift and my e training app. It was great as it got me back going as I have a wrist injury and haven’t been able to get out and have started putting weight on. Sadly I’ve have had a house fire and the trainer was in the house. The trainer was not burnt but was black with the fumes. I took it apart and cleaned the board of all the soot. It now powers up and red light flashes. It connects to my phone, and red light goes solid. Both the apps recognise it and recognise power and rpm readings. I thought all was good. But when using Zwift I noticed i could ride in the bikes hardest gear. It didn’t appear to feel like the resistance was changing. So I connected it to the my e app set it to level training and adjusted the level up and down whilst peddling the bike with my hand and watching the mechanism and nothing is adjusting. Any ideas how I can try and fix this so I can get back excercising? I don’t have the money to repurchase another trainer. New board or new motor may be? Any voltage or continuity checks I can do?

Thanks Andrew.

Elite Admin S

Re: Novo smart not adjusting resistance

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

It may be necessary to replace the electronic board.
Please contact the customer care at real@elite-it.com

Regards

Return to “Qubo Digital / Novo Smart”