Direto Left/Right analysis

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Cycles Goff

Direto Left/Right analysis

Postby Cycles Goff » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi folks.

I was wondering if there is a way to configure the Direto so I can see power split between my left and right leg on my Garmin 520- pedal smoothness, torque effectiveness and % balance. That sort of thing.

Would the cadence sensor add on allow this?

I have pedalling analysis set up on MyETraining but this isn’t what I’m after.

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto Left/Right analysis

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:01 am

Hi

I'm not sure to have understood what you mean with power split.
The Direto sends the percentage in the power channel, and with this you can understand if it's the right or left pedal.

haigh.ian

Postby haigh.ian » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:10 am

Can you explain. I too have the cadence sensor and pedalling analysis. I cannot see where you find left/right power or left/right % power.

Most pedalling or left/right power apps have a percentage or a separate power for each leg. But in the Elite app I just see the Peanut and the wavy chart..... can I get x% / x% for each leg so I can see how much power each leg is producing compared to the other?

davewade46

Postby davewade46 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Now that this thread has been bumped, can I ask how the Direto models differentiate between left and right pedal? I can't figure out how it could tell as it only sees the reaction of chain tension. A left/right pedal power meter I could understand but not sure how a direct drive trainer could tell.

ETA

Had a bit of a think. Having never used the pedal analysis do you have to tell the app which leg you lead with? I always lead with my RHS so I'm assuming that it can tell from that.

ETA 2

Ignore the above. I've just found the link to the Elite Pedal analysis pdf. It appears that you need the cadence sensor connected as well.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”