cadence sensor on Elite Drivo

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

the-cyclist

cadence sensor on Elite Drivo

Postby the-cyclist » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:32 am

Hi

I installed now the external cadence sensor that comes with delivery of the Elite Drivo trainer. I understand that there is already a build in cadence sensor in the Elite Drivo, but the external cadence sensor is more accurate (e.g. for pedal Analysis).

How and where can I check if the external cadence sensor is now working and not the internal? Background: maybe the external sensor is not yet positioned correctly and the drivo is still taking the signal of the internal cadence sensor...

thanks for your help!

Elite Admin S

Re: cadence sensor on Elite Drivo

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:06 am

There's no internal sensor on Drivo.
If no sensor is connected, the Drivo will calculate speed basing on the microvariations of speed that happen when you give a pedal stroke.
This assures a good approximation in standard conditions (chain well tensed, not too much high cadence, smooth pedaling...).
But if you need a very precise cadence value, you have to use the external sensor.

To be sure that the trainer will use the external sensor, when you power on the trainer give a couple of pedal stroke (so the magnet will pass near the sensor and activate it).

regards

Return to “Drivo & Drivo II”