Elite Direto Belt Tension

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

jose84

Elite Direto Belt Tension

Postby jose84 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:03 am

Hello Elite
Since yesterday I have big wheel slipagge! Today I tried to adjust the Belt tension but nothing seems to take out that chicking sound and wheel slippage, also, in the manual nothing is clear how to proceed (I'm bilingual and spanish and english are not the same explanation).
Waiting for your feedback before sending it back, just got this Trainer last week and already having problems with the belt? I was not doing any hard ride with it.
thanks
J.

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Direto Belt Tension

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am

Hi

Please contact the customer care at real@elite-it.com

Regards

jose84

Postby jose84 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks, will do.
J.

jfhaia

Postby jfhaia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:17 am

I to have the same issue. Just received the Direto three days ago. Today was the set up and first ride. Easy spin on Zwift, 5 minutes into the ride the unit froze up. Took the bike off and found the drive belt slipped off nd was wedged between the flywheel and housing. The drive belt has a cut in it probably from the housing. What a piece of crap for over $800 US dollars. Sent email to Bike 24 and Elite to see what they are going to do about it. Should have bought the Tacx Neo!

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi guys

We've found that the problem was on the guide pulley that tight the belt, that in those cases were out of the tolerance level.
In those cases, the belt slipped off and break.
Now we've solved the problem in our productions.

I have to point out that in all these cases (that were very few, fortunately) we've immediately replaced the complete trainer under warranty.

Regards

dave.c2sky@gmail.com

Postby dave.c2sky@gmail.com » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Have just purchased Direto from Bike24. 1 minute into first Zwift ride and drive belt slipped and snapped :( . Have sent email to Bike24 customer services but pretty disappointed.

j.radwer

Postby j.radwer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi there, how does the replacement work? I've the same problem after a few rides - but without cutting the belt. I saw the belt slipping off and fixed it. A few seconds later the same problem.
Regards

mike.spalding1

Postby mike.spalding1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 pm

To "Admin S": I'm glad you've discovered and fixed the Direto drive belt tensioner problem. Can you give us an indication of how soon you'll be able to fulfill orders? I have ordered a direto from a US-based merchant, it's out of stock and back-ordered, with delivery date floating 2 weeds from whenever I ask. In other words, yesterday the delivery date was Feb 27, today it's Feb 28. I'd like a realistic estimate of when it will actually ship, hence my question: When will you begin shipping from the factory?

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am

@j.radwer,

If the belt slipped off, your is one of the cases with the guide pulley out of tolerance. Contact the shop and ask for a complete replacement.

@mike.spalding1,

You have to contact our local distributor, Todson:

Todson Inc.
4 Cocasset Street.
Foxborough, MA 02035
+1 800-250-3068
info@todson.com
http://www.todson.com

j.radwer

Postby j.radwer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am

@admins: The trainer was send to the dealer and is on the way to shimano right now (because Elite says so) - sounds not like replacement and not to get a trainer to train during this winter. That was exactly not the plan by buying the Direto ...

in case I’ll get a new one nearby: How can I see this one is fitted with the correct part?

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”