Suito Noise

Suito, Direto, Tuo, Drivo, Rampa, Qubo Digital Smart B+, Real series

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

desparadi

Suito Noise

Postby desparadi » Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am

Ever since I purchased my Elite Suito in December 2019 it has a tendency to make an awful screeching sound every now and again. Similar to sound of metal on metal. It is a really alarming sound and must be bad for the trainer. Until this week it hadn't happened that regularly but I started using Zwift this week and it has happened a lot more.

It normally happens when I try to start pedalling after I have previously stopped pedalling and whilst the resistance on the trainer is high. For instance, today on Zwift, the gradient increased to 15% and the resistance from the trainer became very high. I wasn't on top of the gear so I stopped pedalling for a couple of seconds. When I tried to start pedalling again, the screeching noise started and the resistance was very, very high. Normally if I stop pedalling and wait for 10 seconds I can start pedalling again with no issue. However today, the noise came back every single time. I had to stop my ride and reconnect the trainer.

I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem before. Any ideas?

Other than this, the trainer has been working fine. I calibrate it regularly and the firmware is up to date. I use it, at least 5+ hours a week, on TrainerRoad in ERG mode with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elite Admin S

Re: Suito Noise

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon May 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi

Please contact our customer care adding a short video in which we can hear the noise and the serial number of the trainer.
Go to this link, select the trainer and then click on the link to open a ticket:
https://support.elite-it.com/

Regards

Return to “Interactive Trainers”