Suito Noise

Suito, Direto, Tuo, Drivo, Rampa, Qubo Digital Smart B+, Real series

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

joeking22

Suito Noise

Postby joeking22 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 am

Ever since I purchased my Elite Suito in December 2020 it has a tendency to make an awful screeching sound every now and again. Similar to sound of metal on metal. It is a really alarming sound and must be bad for the trainer. Until this week it hadn't happened that regularly but I started using Zwift this week and it has happened a lot more.

It normally happens when I try to start pedalling after I have previously stopped pedalling and whilst the resistance on the trainer is high. For instance, today on Zwift, the gradient increased to 15% and the resistance from the trainer became very high. I wasn't on top of the gear so I stopped pedalling for a couple of seconds. When I tried to start pedalling again, the screeching noise started and the resistance was very, very high. Normally if I stop pedalling and wait for 10 seconds I can start pedalling again with no issue. However today, the noise came back every single time. I had to stop my ride and reconnect the trainer. https://www.artfire.com/ext/people/blenderdownload

I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem before. Any ideas?

Other than this, the trainer has been working fine. I calibrate it regularly and the firmware is up to date. I use it, at least 5+ hours a week, on TrainerRoad in ERG mode with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

jomosov

Re: Suito Noise

Postby jomosov » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:53 pm

I have the same problem. It appears mostly on the smaller 3-4 cogs and the big wheel in front. Have tried to remove the cassette and clean and give it some lube with no effect. :( Hope to find some answer from staff.

Return to “Interactive Trainers”