Elite Tuo calibration failure

Suito, Direto, Tuo, Drivo, Rampa, Qubo Digital Smart B+, Real series

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

vincenzo.chiochia

Elite Tuo calibration failure

Postby vincenzo.chiochia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi
The calibration procedure on my Elite Tuo fails both with my-eTraining and Zwift.
Any suggestion to debug the issue?
Best
Vince

joosthuizinga

Re: Elite Tuo calibration failure

Postby joosthuizinga » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:01 pm

I have exactly the same problem.

It doesn't work in Zwift (it just "hangs" in step 3, "keep spinning at 37kmh), but also not in myETtraining app (I tried both Windows and Android, both ANT+ and Bluetooth connection). In the app, sometimes it just hangs on start pedaling, sometimes it says just "increase speed", and sometimes it does show the target speed (33.9km/h). But even when reaching the target speed, nothing happens. After a while it just says "calibration failed".

I already upgraded the Tuo with the "Upgrado" app to the latest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pubinet

Postby pubinet » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 am

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same problem + that my TUO won't show the cadence in My E-training app and also power is to low - it's almost impossible to reach 160 wats...

ben.b.harris

Postby ben.b.harris » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi all

I’m also having exactly the same calibration issue, despite using both iOS and Android app. At least I’m not alone!

On the query about cadence, I had the same until I upgraded the firmware using the Upgrado app, that’s all fine now so hopefully this will help.

Great trainer but this is getting frustrating.

Ben

Edurado

Postby Edurado » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi guys,

same here. Trainer is great, but this calibration thing is a bit frustrating, not knowing if the value it works on are true. Especially that there is a DC Rainmaker's review now available and he claims that calibration procedure is nice and easy with both MyETraining and Zwift.

And is it realy that neccessary to calibrate a new trainer?

Looking forward to any reply from Elite crew.

Have a good day!

joosthuizinga

Postby joosthuizinga » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Finally managed to do calibration (on the Windows version of Zwift!). The link below gave me the hint that you need to go much higher in speed than what the screen shows, when going up to around 55kph the Zwift screen finally showed me that I could stop pedalling and then calibration succeeded. Tuo was connected over Bluetooth.
https://forums.zwift.com/t/elite-suito- ... ble/509313

The new version of the myETraining app (Android) also showed some hope as I at least got it to tell me to stop pedalling in a calibration attempt, but it still gave me a "calibration failed" message afterwards.

Hope this helps some other people as well. I must say I'm quite disappointed with the level of customer service from Elite, you'd expect them to have responded here as there are obviously a lot of people affected by this issue.

bm1_866

Postby bm1_866 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi there,

Same problem over here. Tried out calibrating with Zwift & myETraining.
At myETraining it gets stuck at 33.9 kmh, Zwift at step 3...

Then i found out you can update the divice using Upgrado, did that as well. Curently at Firmware 194 & Hardware revision 001.
Tried to calibrate after the update, still doesn`t work.

Anyone found a sollution yet? Really bad service that they don`t reply over here. I hope can fix the problem fast.

Do you use the Trainer without calibrating? Does it work well with Zwift without it?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

EDIT:
I tried out the comment above and it workt for both myETraining & Zwift App.
MyETraining: As soon at it says ride up to 33.9kmh - just ride as fast as you can. Afterwards its will go into the next Fase in a few seconds.
Zwift: As soon as it says ride 37kmh - ride above 55kmh. After a few seconds it says let you wheel get down to 0kmh.

My calibration worked with both Apps like this.

Using both the Apps on a iPad, connected with Bluetooth

erdemcubukcu

Postby erdemcubukcu » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:19 am

Hi There,

I have the same issue,
first of all, I open a ticket for this issue in elite support. But they have not back to me.
anyway, I updated the Tuo with Upgrado to lastest firmware.
After that, I try to calibrate Tuo. But calibration failed every time.
it's really annoying to face such a problem. Elite must find a permanent solution to this problem.

KR,

qpdr

Postby qpdr » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:18 pm

"MyETraining: As soon at it says ride up to 33.9kmh - just ride as fast as you can. Afterwards its will go into the next Fase in a few seconds."

IT WORKS!!! :) :shock:

rachid.soussi

Postby rachid.soussi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:18 pm

bm1_866 wrote:Hi there,

Same problem over here. Tried out calibrating with Zwift & myETraining.
At myETraining it gets stuck at 33.9 kmh, Zwift at step 3...

Then i found out you can update the divice using Upgrado, did that as well. Curently at Firmware 194 & Hardware revision 001.
Tried to calibrate after the update, still doesn`t work.

Anyone found a sollution yet? Really bad service that they don`t reply over here. I hope can fix the problem fast.

Do you use the Trainer without calibrating? Does it work well with Zwift without it?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

EDIT:
I tried out the comment above and it workt for both myETraining & Zwift App.
MyETraining: As soon at it says ride up to 33.9kmh - just ride as fast as you can. Afterwards its will go into the next Fase in a few seconds.
Zwift: As soon as it says ride 37kmh - ride above 55kmh. After a few seconds it says let you wheel get down to 0kmh.

My calibration worked with both Apps like this.

Using both the Apps on a iPad, connected with Bluetooth

Hi!

I have the same issue. Just upgraded the Tuo to firmware 194 with no succes for the calibration.
Any idea how long you have to ride above 55 km in Zwift? Before it says you can stop pedaling?

Return to “Interactive Trainers”