Elite Direto high power readings

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

depreter.dieter

Elite Direto high power readings

Postby depreter.dieter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm having issues with my elite direto. During a trainerroad workout suddenly my power readins showed +1500 watts. So I tried todo trainer calibration through the MYETraining Android app but this failed several times. Tried to disconnect the power cord and tried again. Even used it on my old android phone. Same result. Failed to calibrate. When I tried the training inside the app I also got some very high +30000 and even below 0 readings. Please help
Screenshot_20170914-210149.png
Screenshot_20170914-210149.png (113.12 KiB) Viewed 9694 times
direto.JPG
direto.JPG (70.16 KiB) Viewed 9694 times

Elite Admin S

Re: Elite Direto high power readings

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 am

Good morning

It's a strange behavior. Please contact our customer care at real@elite-it.com and explain the situation.
Add also the serial number of the trainer.

Regards

LouisonBobet

Postby LouisonBobet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:10 pm

I am having the same experience. The last few days have struggled to use my Elite Drivo on Bkool and Zwift. My power readings are about 1000 watts without doing anything same with cadence readings I will be do 5 rpm and it could say 200 rpm. I have tried using Real to calibrate the trainer and My E Training. Each time it's says failed to calibrate or keeps saying increase speed. My trainer I not even 2 months old. I am annoyed as I have not been able to do any serious training. Please help!

niko.turunen

Postby niko.turunen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Had the same problem just 20mins before my 3 hour marathon. Kind of frustrating. It was my 10th day on that trainer. They said it's a mechanical issue and the trainer needs to send back for a warranty. Just can believe how many same kind of situations have I read. Also some circuit board problems. Or are these all same guys in different forums. Who knows. Need to read if Tacx or Wahoo have had same kind of problems as I think they are bomb proof and at least twice the price but hey. If these needs to be sent to warranty any other week. Might be a worth.

Update.

I got my warranty device. BIG thanks to SHIMANO-NORDIC, who were kind and put the process rolling as they are Elite distributor here. Even when Elite support told me to send the whole device to Shop in Italy where I bought it online. Also thats why I was little bit pissed to Elite. Because they told me that I couldn't send the Direto straight to them and didn't advice me to find local distributor. It took 3 weeks and 1 day to arrive. 1 week (7 hours) in use and still working. Hopefully this is the newer fixed version. At least it's made 15.2 as my old broke at 11.2. Love the device. Need to take longer session (2-3h) on weekend and thoroughly test it.
Last edited by niko.turunen on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 am

Hi guys

@nico.turunen,

I confirm you that we had some problem with few units, but the percentage is really low (few unit per thousand). Of course the users that had those units have complained and written about it all over the social - and this make it seems a bigger problem.
These kind of issues are caused because this product is very new. Also, we have already found a solution and made modifications to solve definitely the problems.

About the competitors, I assure you that also them have a certain percentage of problems - it's absolutely normal ;)

Regards

emoscandal

Postby emoscandal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm

i also have problem with my board 1 month after purchase the the motor that controls the resistance doesn't move at all.

Return to “Direto, Direto X, Direto XR”