Simultaneous ANT+ and Bluetooth on Direto

Suito, Direto, Tuo, Drivo, Rampa, Qubo Digital Smart B+, Real series

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

kurt.nolf

Simultaneous ANT+ and Bluetooth on Direto

Postby kurt.nolf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi,

I have been using my Elite direto using ANT+ connected to Windows 10 using Zwift and Trainerroad. This has been working well with little or no issues for the last 2 years. Since 2 weeks, I also started using bluetooth paired to my Polar Vantage watch to read the power ( no control , only reading ) while also being connected using ANT+ to Trainerroad on Windows 10. Trainerroad is in ERG mode controlling the trainer. What I noticed now that the ANT+ connections drops out from time to time. Trainerroad loses the ANT+ pairing. I just need to manually pair again and then it works again for some time ( could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes ). My hear rate monitor is using also ANT+ to the PC and it keeps on working so there is no problem with the ANT+ adapter on my laptop. Also the bluetooth connection to my Polar watch keeps on working. I already moved the ANT+ adapter close to the back using a long USB cable but I have the same issue. It seems like the ANT+ connection drops out from time to time if I have bluetooth running at the same time connected to the watch. I checked if there are firmware updates but the firmware on my trainer is up to date. Is this is a known issue while using ANT+ and bluetooth at the same time and is there a solution ?

Thanks,

Kurt

Return to “Interactive Trainers”