Muin b+ - pair to iphone

RealAxiom, RealTour, RealPower, Real Turbo Muin, Real emotion

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

scoob

Muin b+ - pair to iphone

Postby scoob » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 am

Hi. Am I being daft?

I have a real turbo muin b+

I've started it up. The red light is flashing at the back. I start up the myetraining software and try to use it with the trainer but the software doesn't seem to recognise the trainer. So went to Bluetooth settings thinking I just needed to pair it. Can't see the trainer in the iPhone Bluetooth list to pair to.

This is advertised as ANT and Bluetooth - am I missing something really obvious ?

Thanks, Martin.

Elite Admin S

Re: Muin b+ - pair to iphone

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Martin

I confirm you that the trainer is ant+ and bluetooth smart compatible. Obviously, also your device must support these protocols.

Don't use the device bluetooth menu to pair the trainer.
Simply run the app, select parameters, select configuration and follow the guided procedure to pair your trainer.
Select the proper protocol (bluetooth in your case, right?) and when the app asks you to pedal, the trainer must appear in the list (the first time it may even a couple of minutes, so be patient).

If the trainer won't appear in the list, let me know and I'll give you some more advices.
Regards

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am

Great thanks - that's what I did the first time - I left it 'looking for trainer' for a while, but didn't find it. Which I thought was odd.

So I switched off Bluetooth on the iPhone for a while then switched it on again, and tried again - no joy.

I'll try again this evening.

What I'll do is this:
1. I'll switch the phone off completely
2. Switch the trainer on, and pedal a couple of times to wake it up
3. I'll switch the phone on
4. I'll then open the App on my iPhone and go into "Parameters" (where Real Turbo Muin B+ is there at the moment under Trainer configuration)

5. I'll then re-select the trainer again and select Bluetooth, then pedal and see what happens again.

I wonder if there's an issue with the trainer already being in the app already or something. Anyway - I'll report back after doing the above (which is what I did last night but no harm in trying again)

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 am

Hi

If the problem persists, try with a soft reset of the phone (this also resets the bluetooth).
To do it, just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for few seconds.

If also in this way the issue won't disappear, please contact our customer care using the contact form in the app and add a reference to this forum discussion.

Regards

scoob

Postby scoob » Tue May 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Thanks. Got that working after following the steps above with a fresh start.

Interestingly as soon as I used Zwift after that it broke again and had to stop everything and go through a full reset of everything and reconfigure again

The app doesn't seem to like anything else having been used. That's really frustrating - is that normal?
Cheers.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 am

Hi

The problem is that bluetooth doesn't allow multiple connections. This means that if there is still an active bluetooth connection via Zwift, then our app won't be able to connect to the trainer. It is due to the bluetooth protocol.
Sometimes the phone bluetooth "freezes" and even if you close one app the connections doesn't close properly causing this kind of issue.

Regards

scoob

Postby scoob » Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Ah. Interesting. Thing is I don't use the phone to pair anywhere else using Bluetooth. Just the Elite app to the trainer via Bluetooth.

When I use Zwift that's from the pc to the trainer and the phone isn't Bluetooth'd in. Any phone connection to use Zwift Mobile Link (if at all) is done by wifi.

Anyway - I'm just going to go with the App pretty much isn't that useful if you use anything else at all.
That fair?

Good to know and a bit of a shame - but get that developing stuff to work around all these hardware things costs money.

Thanks for the really quick replies.

mhaak

Postby mhaak » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi and hope it’s ok to hijack this topic as I think they ate related.

I can’t either pair via bluetooth or ant to my apple tv, iphone or viiiiva heart rate.

I have connected to the apple tv via bluetooth but now it has stopped and can’t get i to connect again.

I used my elite dongle and a pc and here ant works fine.

Any suggestions to what be wrong?

Return to “Real trainers”