Software Clunk Sound

Suito, Direto, Tuo, Drivo, Rampa, Qubo Digital Smart B+, Real series

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

watherton

Software Clunk Sound

Postby watherton » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi,

I've had my Elite Drivo II for three hours, and when setting everything up, I heard a real strange electronic clunk sound. Thinking that this was perhaps a firmware issue, I searched high and low to find how to update the firmware, only to find, that you couldn't do this by the means of MyEtraining app. Seriously, a £1000+ purchase and no way of updating the firmware!!!

Anyways, apart from this oversight, has anyone else encountered this noise before? it happens during pedal strokes and when a stop pedalling.

One other point, when in ZWIFT, I'm presented Elite FE-C 2071 for Controllable and Elite Pwr 2071 - Which one do I select, switching between the two doesn't present any cadence output, even though I have the supplied cadence adapter on.

Elite Admin S

Re: Software Clunk Sound

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi

The sound you hear probably is the internal motor that adjusts the resistance, I think.
But it shouldn't be loud. I suggest you to contact our customer care at myetraining@elite-it.com adding a short video, so we can hear the noise level.

About the firmware, your sentence is not correct.
The firmware is upgradable, but:
- in this moment, only we can do the upgrade (it's not yet an operation that can be done freely by a customer... not yet)
- you shouldn't need any upgrade; if there's an unusual sound/noise, it's not something that can be solved by a firmware (must be something mechanic)

Finally, about Zwift, you have to select the one with the "fe-c" word on it.
If you still cannot see cadence, please contact Zwift customer care
Regards

Return to “Interactive Trainers”