Quick Motion Rollers

Non interactive/smart trainers and old trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

dwtrux@att.net

Quick Motion Rollers

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Who has used the Misuro B+ with the quick motion rollers. Looking for comments and experiences.

dwtrux@att.net

Re: Quick Motion Rollers

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Mon May 15, 2017 3:56 am

Actually using Misuro now with my Quick Rollers, which come with an inset location for the sensor and the magnet already installed in the roller. Could not have been easier to set up once I downloaded app to ipad and iphone, identified the type of trainer, set it to Bluetooth and "began pedaling". It seems to be accurate in calculating my cadence and speed and matches my old Cateye Double Wireless readout.

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Trying to connect Quick Motion, Misuro and Zwift. So far no luck. Zwift says that Misuro only geared to Muin trainer. I get the cadence connected through Power set up on Zwift and selecting Misuro B+ but no power or movement of virtual rider. It did connect one time as a Speed and Cadence sensor but the speed was way too high, power was 400 watts, but the rider did move. Wish it would connect to Zwift for alternation with My E Training app.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

Quick motion is a multilevel trainer.
As for all the trainers of this type, misuro is not capable to "sense" which level you set on the trainer. So, it cannot send power out.
You should be able to connect it to Zwift as a speed & classical trainer. But you have to set a circumference value equal to the roller circumference (264mm) and I'm not sure that this is possible with Zwift. Please contact Zwift customer care about this point.

Regards

dwtrux@att.net

Postby dwtrux@att.net » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:13 am

As I posted in the Misuro B+ and Zwift thread - figured it out with Zwift.

Using Quick Motion, Misuro B+ and Zwift - these are the steps:

1. Set Misuro B+ to 8 blinks for 292mm/parabolic rollers [6 blinks-264 Arion rollers gave too high a read out on both My E Training and Zwift app] [also my Misuro B+ was set to 1 blink when I originally paired it using the Configure app on My E Training - speed and cadence seemed to match my bike computer speed and cadence so I assumed that it was properly set up.]
2. Start Zwift app on iOS device with Bluetooth
3. Begin rolling to active Misuro B+ sensors
4. Select Power Source [not Speed Source] in Zwift
5. You should have virtual rider moving in game and the power output, speed and cadence will be the same as on My E Training.

Also, you can't use both Zwift and My E Training app at same time. First one to get BT signal controls.

Hope this helps. :D
Last edited by dwtrux@att.net on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am

As I wrote you in the other post, you won't get correct power in this way (I'm writing also here for other users). ;)
The curve of the parabolic is different from the one of the quick motion.

alexandre.petrescu

Postby alexandre.petrescu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm

I set the Misuro blinks to 6 (Arion).

What is the corresponding bracket to use, such that to display the right cadence? Is it 50x34?

LAter...

I meant 50x18, but not sure.

But nevermind, I now use an independent cadence sensor (wahoo), which displays ok cadence on RGT and on VirtuGO.

alexandre.petrescu

Postby alexandre.petrescu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am

For info, I tried a few more things with misuro b+ on quick motion rollers on virtugo simulator.

- setting 1 blink on misuro, makes the virtugo power display to stay 0 all the time - it does not display any power number.
- setting 8 blinks on misuro (Parabolic, i.e. wheel setup 292 mm), makes the virtugo power display to show less power than if I used setting 6 (Arion, i.e. 264 mm)

The virtugo software also has a percentage (%) parameter labelled "Home Trainer Difficulty Level"; it could be varied between 50% and 100%. I do not know what it means. I keep it at 80%. If I set it 100% I see more watts on the display for a same effort.

(I asked questions about this difficulty level parameter on virtugo forum, but no answer)

Lacks of answers to these comments make me wonder what does it mean when the Elite web page of the Quick Motion rollers display a Virtugo logo, claiming compatibility. Yes, it works, but does it work well.

Alex

un_existing

Postby un_existing » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 am

I've set my Misuro with Quick Motion rollers for 8 blinks and the power seems to be ok. The setting with 6 blinks gave too high power. I've compared it with properly calibrated Garmin Vector 3 pedals.

Also, the Elite support recommended the 1 blink setting. I will try it and let you know. I suppose it would be the best, because as Elite Admin mentioned above, the parabolic rollers could have different power curve.

If anyone have 0 reading on the device/software, please assure the sensor is properly oriented (not inverted).

Return to “Other Trainers”