trainer selector suggestion..

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

alibi

trainer selector suggestion..

Postby alibi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 am

hi.
we have a more than half-year winter here, so i need a trainer for almost everyday activity.

not sure about interactive, but it need to be smart and transmit data to garmin devices.
and long-lasting of course.

i was thinking about direct driver models (turno, kura, direto), but "elite trainer selector" _persistently_ suggest "qubo power fluid" model.
(additionally i would need musiro b+ sensor for connectivity, i suppose, and thru-axle adapter because i only have mtb with 12x142 qr?)

so, can i trust the selector choiсe, or there is any reasons to pay twice for direct drive trainer? :)

Elite Admin S

Re: trainer selector suggestion..

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi

The trainer selector simply gives you a suggestion based on your answers.
In your case, probably the power fluid is sufficient (indeed, you'll also need a sensor to make it smart).
But of course if you decide to buy a higher trainer (like Turno, Kura and Direto) you'll have more possibilities (especially if you consider the latest one, which is a completely interactive trainer). It's up to you.

Don't forget that direct drives are quieter than traditional trainers.
Also, remember that fluid trainers (like Powwer Fluid, Turno and Kura) are NOT simulators. Their power curve simply increases quickly with speed.

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”