Direto XR-T thru-axle 12X142mm problem

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

kregiel16

Direto XR-T thru-axle 12X142mm problem

Postby kregiel16 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:02 am

Hi,
Recently, I replaced the drive mounted on the Direto XR-T with a 9-speed Shimano cassette with a 105 CS-HG710 12-sp 11-36T. The new frame Specialized Roubaix has a THRU-AXLE 12X142mm, so following the manufacturer's recommendations, I removed two spacers under the cassette and installed an axle adapter. The derailleurs were properly adjusted at the service center shortly after receiving the new bike. Unfortunately, after mounting the bike on the trainer, there is a noticeable characteristic ticking sound on almost all gears, indicating that the chain is not aligned properly with the sprocket and is prone to skipping. Should I readjust the derailleur again on the trainer, or is it better to experiment with those spacers? What puzzled me is that the adapter's thread [E] is so small that it seems to catch and the adapter feels "loose" after a slight screw-in.

image0.jpg
image0.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 521 times

descartes1

Re: Direto XR-T thru-axle 12X142mm problem

Postby descartes1 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:26 am

If you changed to a 9-speed cassette, you had to put two washers under the cassette (two thin washers included with the trainer), which is why the chain line changed slightly.

All you need to do is tighten or loosen the derailleur cable on the barrel (a slight twist, even a quarter of a turn, is enough if the chain only ticks). The derailleur cable is simply either too tight or loose and the derailleur wants to shift to a higher gear (or drop to a lower gear).

Return to “Trainers general discussion”