Suito T Chain rubbing

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

mihaeldopudj

Suito T Chain rubbing

Postby mihaeldopudj » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:10 am

Good day guys,

This is my first post, I decided to finally post here since I do not know what to do anymore. I am on my 3rd cassette without any changes.

So first let me list the components:

-Suito T (Brand New)
-2021 Giant Revolt Advanced (Couple hundred Km's on it)
-Shimano GRX groupset
-11x34 Casette (CS-HG700-11), tried it with a CS-7000

I never owned a smart trainer so I did not know what to expect noise-wise. After the first two days, I was happy with the trainer but kept thinking about how the review said it was quiet and mine was not so much. I sat down next to the trainer and slowly was turning the pedal backward (Because forward is hard by hand) and noticed that the chain was rubbing on the gear next to it.

I will try to explain it the best I can, so this happens when I am in the 11th gear (smallest cog). While in the 11th gear the front of the 10th gear is rubbing and sometimes grabbing the chain when pedaling backward. It is much less appereant when pedalling forward but the noise is there and doing it backward allowed me to see where the friction was happening. It is almost like the front cassette(dont know if that is the right name) and the rear one are really misaligned. On the road, this bike with the exact same cassette was butter smooth. This is driving me crazy because watching videos of other people with their Suito and it's super quiet. I am out of ideas and would really appreciate some help.

Thank you

Return to “Trainers general discussion”