Direto X too stiff

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

gavinturnbull100

Direto X too stiff

Postby gavinturnbull100 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi. I’ve just set up my new Direto X on Zwift. However the resistance is not realistic. It’s way too stiff. I did a 40 min group ride as a trial and was done in and only avg 146w. I can avg around 200w for a couple of hours in the real world with twice as much ascent. How do I calibrate the trainer so that it is more realistic.? Or is there something wrong with it.

janellwilder

Re: Direto X too stiff

Postby janellwilder » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:43 am

gavinturnbull100 wrote:Hi. I’ve just set up my new Direto X on Zwift. However the resistance is not realistic. It’s way too stiff. I did a 40 min group ride as a trial and was done in and only avg 146w. friday night funkin I can avg around 200w for a couple of hours in the real world with twice as much ascent. How do I calibrate the trainer so that it is more realistic.? Or is there something wrong with it.

Did you find answer? Looking for same information. Thanks

Elite Admin S

Re: Direto X too stiff

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:50 am

Hi

Direto trainers have a very precise power sensor inside, so the accuracy is very good.
The only thing that you have to do to be sure to have always a good accuracy, is the calibration.
We suggest to calibrate the trainer every 3-4 weeks of usage.

When you do the calibration, take note of the offset value you get at the end of the procedure and compare it to the original one (you can find it on a sticker close to the serial number).
If the difference is less than 5 points, it's all ok. If the difference is more and at the same time you notice any issue (like slipping, strange noises, sudden drop in power) then it may be necessary to tighten the belt. In this case, contact the support to have instructions.

I'd like also to point out that pedaling indoor can give a feeling of higher effort.
This is due to the lack of ventilation, the flywheel effect, the lack of oscillation of the bike and other variables.
Anyway, a comparison with an external power sensor can dispel any doubt

Regards

Return to “Trainers general discussion”