Erratic power readings

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

DavidR8

Erratic power readings

Postby DavidR8 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:34 am

I have done two structured workouts recently. My Elite Suito was set to erg mode but it was near impossible to accurately achieve the higher power levels.
Example: 20 second 280 watt sprint followed by a 60 second, 80 watt recovery. I was able to stay reasonably close to the 80 watt target but the 280 watt target was impossible. I was in the small ring and the middle cog on a 11-28 10-speed cassette.
I was either under or over; getting close was very difficult. My cadence was very smooth so I have no idea what the problem was.
I had a similar problem on a recent ftp test; the power varied by 20 watts either side of the target.

Elite Admin S

Re: Erratic power readings

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:56 am

It's necessary to investigate further.
Please contact the customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

DavidR8

Postby DavidR8 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:21 am

Elite Admin S wrote:It's necessary to investigate further.
Please contact the customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

I did another workout today.
Prior to doing so I powered the Suito off and on, rode for 10 minutes and then calibrated via Zwift.
The workout consisted of overs and under again. each set was:
2 mins @ 170w, 1 min @ 150w then 2 mins @ 85w repeated nine times.
I focused on pedalling smoothly keeping consistent pressure on the pedals.
That seemed to work as I was able to stay on the wattage targets every time.
I'm not sure if powering it off and on, calibration or pedalling technique made the difference.

fahadrgp@gmail.com

Postby fahadrgp@gmail.com » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:10 pm

It's possible to have erratic power readings on your electrical system. Any number of factors can cause this, but it can be a sign that you may need to do some maintenance. It could be as simple as cleaning out your air conditioner filters, or maybe you have an issue with the fan motor for your indoor unit. Whatever the case may be, it's important to check your power meter and make sure there aren't any fluctuations in your readings. www.omegle.fyi www.bazoocam.fyi www.chatrandom.one

Description:Even if you have managed to get rid of those pesky bugs around your home, chances are they will return. Insects are attracted to what you eat and drink, especially if you leave food out on the counter or table.

mike.landmann

Postby mike.landmann » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:03 pm

In answer to the question, don't use ERG mode for high intensity sprints. Same for all trainers.

lewysdt

Postby lewysdt » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm

Hey everyone,

Having some real issues with my Elite Direto X trainer at the moment and hoped somebody may be able to help out!

I bought the trainer in 2020 and it has worked almost perfectly since. The occasional drop-out/erg mode issue, but these were all resolved using these forums/better internet connection etc. However, today when riding zwift I immediately got the error message “either you’ve missed your calling as a pro cyclist or your equipment is not set up properly” and knew something was up. Keeping cadence constant, the power and cadence values on zwift fluctuate massively, going from 70W and 23rpm to 2000W and 230rpm in seconds. I then calibrated the trainer through zwift several times, but the issue persisted.

I downloaded the elite mytrainer and Upgrado apps, but it said the firmare and software was all up to date, so I’m not sure where to go from here! Any advice or instructions on how to solve the problem would be massively appreciated!!!

Return to “Trainers general discussion”