Help - Zumo - Configuration or Calibration problems?

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

Skt7

Help - Zumo - Configuration or Calibration problems?

Postby Skt7 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi - trying to set up my Elite Zumo. Have installed the app, synchronised the model etc, and gone to configure it. Got through this process, including syncing a Heart Rate monitor, and then tried zwift, again zwift recognised the trainer. However, when I start pedalling, it's easy for a second or two, and then slowly increases to maximum resistance, until I can barely pedal. What am I doing wrong? Any advice much appreciated.

Elite Admin S

Re: Help - Zumo - Configuration or Calibration problems?

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:43 am

Hi

Please contact the customer care:
https://support.elite-it.com/en/ticket

Regards

Skt7

Postby Skt7 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:31 am

This finally got resolved 9 days after contacting Elite customer services. I have to say, this has been the most frustrating, annoying process I've had to deal with in years. While the customer services rep I dealt with clearly tried, the overall customer service experience was abysmal. I'm regretting my purchase of an Elite Zumo; I just hope when I start using it, the experience is good.

ELITE - TRYING TO RESOLVE ISSUES VIA E-MAIL DOES NOT WORK. WAITING 1-2 DAYS FOR A REPLY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The problem I had was in the Elite app, when I tried the training or ftp exercise, within seconds, resistance ramped up to the maximum, making pedalling impossible. Same when I tried in Zwift. Reading the forum, this seems a common problem, yet it took 3x days to get customer services to understand the problem was in my etraining app, not zwift, then 5x days for them to request a diagnostic file. Then the weekend, so no response over the weekend - 2 days lost.

Problem located in the diagnostic file. It seems I may have tried to calibrate the trainer, with zwift open also, meaning a rogue value was written in to a file!? Solution: A json file provided, and advised to download the upgrado app, so that effectively, factory settings could be restored, via Bluetooth. The process seemed relatively simple, and I'd consider myself fairly IT literate. However, 4-5 more frustrating days, of trying to locate the upgrado folder in an android file system, so that I could save the json file in there. I couldn't have been more explicit in explaining my problem, but cs was zero assistance. Downloaded upgrado on 4 different appliances. Final attempt yesterday, I hadn't saved the json file in the folder, but went through the upgrado app process anyway. I was able to simply locate the jsin file in downloads, and the update happened. It took 2 minutes to synchronise. Problem seemingly resolved. Training exercise seemed to work. We'll see what today brings.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm

I'm sorry for this bad experience.
Sometimes we are not able to find immediately the cause of a issue (we're human too).
We will analyze your case to improve our service.

Regards

elite102

Postby elite102 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue. Do you have a copy of the file?

Thanks,

Darren

Return to “Trainers general discussion”