Qubo Digital Interactive

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

aimee_craig_carlson

Qubo Digital Interactive

Postby aimee_craig_carlson » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 pm

I've had a lot of trouble with this trainer from the jump.

The trainer says it is Ant and Bluetooth. However, it won't pair via Bluetooth to trainer road. It pairs at times to the my Etrainer app but that does not seem to allow any structured workouts from Training Peaks which is where I receive my workouts.

And, iphone does not have Ant and I have been unable to find an adapter that actually works with the usb dongle - I've tried several.

Zwift doesn't seem to pair well either.

It seems as if I have a fancy stand for my bike.

I've emailed help many times. We've opened up the trainer, taken videos, you name it. Same issues.

it seems as if the Bluetooth doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this issue and how have you solved it.

Elite Admin S

Re: Qubo Digital Interactive

Postby Elite Admin S » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:47 am

Hi

First of all, I confirm you that Qubo Digital Smart B+ communicate through bluetooth smart protocol, so you should be able to pair it with any third party app that support this kind of protocol. This means that you shouldn't have problems with your iPhone.

I see that you're already in contact with our customer care service to solve the problem.
I see also that you got a reply by one of our technician in few hours, so please rely on him and follow his advices and you'll solve the problem

Just for other readers of the forum, if bluetooth communication is not good (drops, difficulty to pair etc.) the causes may be:
- trainer already connected to something else: bluetooth allows only one connection at time; if your trainer is still connected to your smartphone and you run a software in your pc, for example, the software may not find the trainer or it will find it but won't get training data from it
- interference: there may be other wireless devices interfering with the communication; try powering off all the wireless devices in the area (in particular cyclecomputers, wireless sensors, bluetooth speaker, wifi modems) and try again - if communication then is ok, power on those devices one by one to understand which one is causing problems.
- device bluetooth weak: it may be that your device bluetooth is not working properly; try with a different smartphone/tablet to understand if the communication is ok with it
- trainer bluetooth weak: it may be that the electronic circuit board of the trainer has a problem with the bluetooth antenna; in this case the problem can be solved by replacing the electronic circuit board (which is an easy operation). In this case it's necessary to contact our customer care service.

Have a nice day

Return to “Trainers general discussion”