Direto Calibration help needed

General discussions on Elite trainers

Moderators: Elite Admin M, Elite Admin S

gleaney

Direto Calibration help needed

Postby gleaney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 am

Good morning. I wonder if anyone can help. I’m trying to calibrate my Direto but every time I try I get Failed Calibration message.
I’m doing the 10 min warm up and the doing the calibration through the app. I’ve tried Bluetooth and ANT+ independently through different platforms which are two iPads an iPhone and a Mac book air. The software is fully updated as is the firmware on the Direto which was done through the Upgrado app.

gleaney

Re: Direto Calibration help needed

Postby gleaney » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:15 pm

ok. SITREP !
So today having done a bit of research I tried this.
Do the 10 min warm up with no power to the Direto at all. After that plug power in and open up the MyTraining app. I used a mac book air on bluetooth.
I ran the calibration test but instead of stopping at 33k/h I went flat out and got to about 65k/h. And an offset came back which was within 1 unit of the offset on the bottom of the machine. I hope this helps others as it appears to be a common problem.

Elite Admin S

Postby Elite Admin S » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi guys

If you use my e-training, here's the calibration steps:
- first of all, do a 10 minute training to warm up your trainer (ideally, 10 minutes at around 20-25km/h and 100-150W)
- then run the calibration
- the app asks you to start pedaling
- the app asks you to reach a target speed (remember to overcome the value, not only reach!)
- the app asks you to stop (stop pedaling, don't move the pedals until the procedure has been completed)

ATTENTION: this do NOT work for Nero trainers! There calibration must be done in a different way

If you use Zwift, be careful.
Some times ago there was a bug, the software seemed to ask to reach a wrong speed (over 60km/h).
It's a bug, they will correct it.

gleaney

Postby gleaney » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:34 pm

Thank you Elite for your response.

Return to “Trainers general discussion”